First timer

Ggrube

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So got first two boxes from my bank yesterday both were unsealed boxes of $500 each half dollars I'm halfway through box one and no hits at all 71 after 71 after 71 after 71 lol there are lots of other too but it boggles me that there are so many early 70's but I just can't find anything? Do banks really have people go throught the boxes forthr silver? Is there somewhere I can order sealed boxes? Or am I going about this all wrong? Please help haha

Upvote 0

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome! And all you have to do it ask for sealed boxes when they say they don't have any ask them to order some for you. Some banks will refuse but if your with a big chain bank you can just ask at a different branch. Hope I could help! :)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And even with sealed boxes you could go several to 20+ boxes of funding nothing- or you could get a killer box on your 1st sealed box-

OP
OP
G

Ggrube

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. Yea I bank w fifth third and I first ask if she could order halves and she said no but that she may have some there in which it was like $ 1400 so I took $1000 of halves and so far nothing. Maybe I'll just keep at it for awhile if things don't ever turn up maybe I'll see if some other bank can order for me. Why do other people have open ended rolls? All mine are like closed in. Do you think there are better chances w nickels quarters or ikes?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Qtrs not from what I've heard- Ike's are hard to come by, have to special order them in bags of $1000, if your looking for silver only nickels aren't that great either- dimes and halves are the way to go really for silver- if you're gonna be collecting then just go for what you want to collect
HH

OP
OP
G

Ggrube

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I'm pretty sure my banking is pulling a fast one on me. Cause the box clearly illustrates and say that "our plastic wraps are made to resist breaking" but all my coins are wrapped in paper wraps?

OP
OP
G

Ggrube

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea. I'm gonna go to another branch and see if they will order for me. Has anyone else had any issues ordering? And what does it usually take to get them to order? Can any bank order? And any special ways to get them to order? What's your experience?

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are brinks square boxes they all say that about plastic rolls. I went through 5 boxes yesterday and had only 3 1965's. but have had many skunks for sure

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea. I'm gonna go to another branch and see if they will order for me. Has anyone else had any issues ordering? And what does it usually take to get them to order? Can any bank order? And any special ways to get them to order? What's your experience?
Grasshopper, in time, and with more experience, you shall find the answer to the many questions you ask. No one answer will suit. Until then, Keep on Keepin' On!:headbang:

OP
OP
G

Ggrube

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they actually come in the plastic rolls tho? Cause mine are in paper rolls. It is a square box tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread