Works every time!

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I go into a new bank for the first time and request mass quantities of coin I often get that look from the teller that reveals what she is thinking, which is "do I really want to help this guy?" That's when I say " I'm spending time with my elderly mother who can't get out. She likes to look at coins to pass the time." The teller will then turn to her co-workers and say "Susan, Marie, all you guys help me find all the coins we've got to help this sweet man." I see them looking in all the drawers and all corners of the bank, occasionally glancing back at me with a smile that seems to communicate "Can I just cuddle you for a while?" By the way, I'm not being totally dis-honest, Mom does like to look at coins but rarely does any more. If you use this, spend time with a loved one first so you can avoid any ethical issues.

Upvote 0

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
i can't take credit for this since someone said this before, but you can tell them you're ocd and need to count things! i kinda want to mess with one bank and i'll also throw in a twitch or two;)

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for short time scam only?? They will stop after while??

OP
OP
S

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably best if it's a bank you can only get to once a month or so. Be ready for "And how's your mom?" I say " She must have found some good ones - she sent me back"

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome. I posted on another thread that i say they are for my Grandpa. He doesn't get out much and he loves doing this. I've gotten a no we don't have any but never a no we can't help you. I think it's innocent enough. Great job. Whatever it takes to get the silver

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last whopper I used when I was getting heckled for dumping, " well my Dad died and he left this to me for inheritance and theres a basement full of boxes" Lol, am i a cold peice? nah he didnt leave me squat so I hope he understands :violent1:

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jamesg13 said:
The last whopper I used when I was getting heckled for dumping, " well my Dad died and he left this to me for inheritance and theres a basement full of boxes" Lol, am i a cold peice? nah he didnt leave me squat so I hope he understands :violent1:

Nah you are good. If he was still alive if say that wouldn't be so good. These tellers shouldn't give us so much crap anyway. I'm sure most of us are very polite to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread