FIRST coinstar find EVER!!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I always look and I always see nothing! Today I ran to the store to grab a birthday card and like most of us made a point to walk by the machine! I look down and see a PILE of coins so I grabbed them as quickly as I could and tossed them straight in my pocket!

I heard the clink of foreign first and then I heard the beautiful sound of silver!!! I reached in and grabbed the one I know I heard and POOF...1952 Washington!!! Some call it dumb luck but I call it a good day!!!

image-2331600648.jpg

They are out there!!!

Oh by the way...immediately after I checked out and left someone was dumping more coins...ha I not walked in at that very moment he surely would have gotten these coins!!!

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Freakin awesome. I've nabbed 2 Rosies and 1 Wheat from the reject tray. But never a silver quarter. I've hooked a bunch of US clad and foreigns from under the machines with a stretched coat hanger and flashlight. Usually takes about 3-4 weeks for the underbelly of the machines to refill with coins. People kick them under or they don't make it into the hoppers. If you're embarassed to get on your knees and hunt, drop a few coins in front of the machine and pretend you're trying to get them. If people bother you, just shine the light in their face and show them the hook. Most usually back away slowly. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Freakin awesome. I've nabbed 2 Rosies and 1 Wheat from the reject tray. But never a silver quarter. I've hooked a bunch of US clad and foreigns from under the machines with a stretched coat hanger and flashlight. Usually takes about 3-4 weeks for the underbelly of the machines to refill with coins. People kick them under or they don't make it into the hoppers. If you're embarassed to get on your knees and hunt, drop a few coins in front of the machine and pretend you're trying to get them. If people bother you, just shine the light in their face and show them the hook. Most usually back away slowly. :icon_pirat:

Ha ha love the advice!!!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I still haven't found anything in our local Coinstar machine, Nice pull there CT! HH, Maverick.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

In my area, most are curious what I am doing, but when I tell them, they laugh and inquire about what I have found. However, at one store the manager told me that I may cut the cable and break the machine. I did find a clipped silver dime right before he told me to leave the store.

R&C jensen

Dec 7, 2012
East coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab,garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool! So awesome! I would love to find one of those in my change!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
way to hustle --look in side the holes in the grate --often earrings are mixed in with the change as the change gets dumped the drop thru the holes into the "rubbish bin" tray below the grate * if you see them ask them to return your earring to you .

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:cat: Congrats. I always try to check it when I enter and leave the store, especially if I'm shopping for more than ten minutes.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
People tell me that there are no wild silver quarters anymore but I have been finding them more and more, especially via coinstars. I actually got 2 new canadian quarters from some homeless guys returning coins. I swapped them out with them before they gunked them up by handling them. Went to the LCS and got a ASE for 32 bucks. He said it didn't have no numistic value but I dunked it to clean off the tarnish and its perfect. I just wish there was another LCS closer because with silver at 27, I know I over paid for that ASE a lot. he charges 34 for bullion coins too which is pretty ouchie to me.

See ya, GarouLady

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice i bet it made your day didn't it? first coin i ever found in a coinstar was a 1950's washington quarter. I work at a grocery store with one and ive found maybe 2 or 3 quarters and 7-10 dimes. i check multiple times a day haha.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
nice i bet it made your day didn't it? first coin i ever found in a coinstar was a 1950's washington quarter. I work at a grocery store with one and ive found maybe 2 or 3 quarters and 7-10 dimes. i check multiple times a day haha.

Yeah I was stoked! I never expect to find anything but dirt in the reject tray!!!

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always look too.. Ive only found about .50 of banged up clad. Nice find!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometime you need to swallow your pride, and just check the coinstar machine yo. They dont even care at the two grocery stores i check, and one, I actually bring a dyson to frequently. I found a coupla Ag dimes (1 merc, few rosies).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread