Spent more halves than ever in one transaction today

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the bank ...

SpecialEdTeach

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week we paid our electric bill 372 dollars in halves, and then bought a store prepaid card at walgreens for 250 dollars. Still don't have a dump bank yet :(

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Cool stonehenge!

OP
OP
stonehenge

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
I usually dump two bags a week but I don't want to piss off my tellers. I needed some shoes and bought em and ran the balance through my credit union counter.

I'm impressed by the power bill story. That's a nice one.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The most I have used at once was like $35 in halves.

I paid a $37.82 water bill in $2s, gold/SBA dollars, an Ike, halves, and cents once... Talk about funny. The woman looked at me and asked if I had any quarters, dimes, or nickels to go with all that other change! :laughing7:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just paid my wife's parking ticket today- $195! I used my debit card, but actually had some halves in the car. I wish to high hell I would've thought to use them! I doubt I would've made it through the metal detector at the courthouse, though. Dastardly cop gave her a ticket for pulling over on the side of an empty three-lane road to pick up her 5-kid school carpool who was walking home because she was running late. i guess they were supposed to walk another half mile up the street before she could get them. Makes me want to hire a PI to dig up some dirt on that cop - power hungry idiots like him are the type that cheat on their wife. Ok, maybe this rant is going a little too far...

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A shame that you can't put half dollars to real use. I'm guessing you are the debit-card type?

I dont even have a checking account and when im not coin roll hunting i dont carry a bank account i only use them for ordering and dumping id never keep any real money in anyones hands but my own lol ;)

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
in my small town someone tried to pay their speeding ticket with pennies just to try and get back. they got back at him by charging him for however many hours it took to count it all! (i don't get why they didn't bring the pennies to the bank's coin counting machine though...)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is funny, I have considered buying some McDonald's with halves before, but since I am cheap, I only use coupons at mcdonalds and haven't gotten those for quite a few months... Hey, buy 1 get 1 free is a great deal :P
Now back onto topic, I once bought mcdonalds and payed my $7 food bill with IKE dollars, the cashier went to 5 different people(including 2 fry cooks) and fiinally accepted the ikes, itwas quite funny.
Also, I have considered using coinstar(gift card option, of course!) to dump a massive load of pennies, does anybody know what happens when/if the bin fills up, and how much the bins hold? 8-)

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Just paid my wife's parking ticket today- $195! I used my debit card, but actually had some halves in the car. I wish to high hell I would've thought to use them!

Our courthouse has a sign up near the cashier's window that states "No rolled or loose coins accepted".

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is funny, I have considered buying some McDonald's with halves before, but since I am cheap, I only use coupons at mcdonalds and haven't gotten those for quite a few months... Hey, buy 1 get 1 free is a great deal :P
Now back onto topic, I once bought mcdonalds and payed my $7 food bill with IKE dollars, the cashier went to 5 different people(including 2 fry cooks) and fiinally accepted the ikes, itwas quite funny.
Also, I have considered using coinstar(gift card option, of course!) to dump a massive load of pennies, does anybody know what happens when/if the bin fills up, and how much the bins hold? 8-)

It has to hold ALOT! I just dumped over $200 in cents and it kept on going! It stopped go a second and then the noise inside changed...I think one of the bins filled up and it moved to an empty one...almost sounds like buckets inside of the machine and not bags!

I have a hunch coin star machines hold ALOT more than any bank counters do!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread