Are incentives usually offered when...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, in my area, a new Bank/Credit Union is opening up that I am not a member of. I am curious if there will be any incentives for me opening an account with them once they open?
I ask this because first off, who doesn't love free money? :tongue3: Secondly, there IS another branch in a neighboring town, i just never joined because it was the only one near by, but since there will soon be 2, I have considered joining.

I am going to join anyway, but would rather wait to join and get the incentives instead of just joining now,
any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
HH
Buff

Upvote 0

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Hey folks, in my area, a new Bank/Credit Union is opening up that I am not a member of. I am curious if there will be any incentives for me opening an account with them once they open?
I ask this because first off, who doesn't love free money? :tongue3: Secondly, there IS another branch in a neighboring town, i just never joined because it was the only one near by, but since there will soon be 2, I have considered joining.

I am going to join anyway, but would rather wait to join and get the incentives instead of just joining now,
any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
HH
Buff

I remember I joined Huntington and got a 5 debit card transactions get you $100 deposited into your account. I bought 5 things under a dollar and voila it was there in 4 days. Pretty awesome if you ask me, totally free! 8)

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cannot use the $100 startup programs at multiple branches of the same bank.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Def wait a while and see- even my cu had a couple diff promotions so I opened a couple diff checking accounts and a CC to get all the diff promotions-

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Def wait a while and see- even my cu had a couple diff promotions so I opened a couple diff checking accounts and a CC to get all the diff promotions-

def get a diff way to type.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks, a friend of mine says he orderes solid boxes of national park quarters from his local Bank, he won't tell me which one, but this branch may very well be the one he orders from.
I will definitely wait for incentives now, I imagine the bank will be open within a few months..
funny thing, I was checking out the construction project and noticed big metal bars jutting out the side of the building, then thinking to myself, "I hope that's abank's drive-thru!" sure enough, it was.
hh

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Can banks order solid boxes of the new presidential dollar coins? I'm just wondering, because maybe I could just flip the rolls on ebay for around $5-7 a roll.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bank accidentally ordered dllar coins for me, i bought them to take them off of their hands, the box contained 50 solid presidential dollar rolls, mixed presidents... ex: 1 roll of george washington unc, 1 roll of franklin pierce unc, etc, with severa; multiple president rolls, but it was a mix.
Can banks order solid boxes of the new presidential dollar coins? I'm just wondering, because maybe I could just flip the rolls on ebay for around $5-7 a roll.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

The reason for searching dollars is not for eBay profit, but for rare no edge lettering errors and patterns.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok now, let's not get off topic... now back onto topic:

in my area, a new Bank/Credit Union is opening up that I am not a member of. I am curious if there will be any incentives for me opening an account with them once they open?
I ask this because first off, who doesn't love free money?
tongue3.gif
Secondly, there IS another branch in a neighboring town, i just never joined because it was the only one near by, but since there will soon be 2, I have considered joining.

any input would be appreciated

The reason for searching dollars is not for eBay profit, but for rare no edge lettering errors and patterns.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined a credit union last year, I like what they represent more than anything else about them. They've been around a long time, they weren't offering any special promotions. It's where I have my cash savings account.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in what way do you use them for crh?
I joined a credit union last year, I like what they represent more than anything else about them. They've been around a long time, they weren't offering any special promotions. It's where I have my cash savings account.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found that credit unions will pretty much bend over backwards to give you what you want within reason, essentially because YOU are a stakeholder in their organization by having an account there. Now if you wanted to order 100 boxes a week I'm sure they would frown on that but just use common sense and they will help you out.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I would definitely not take advantage of them like that... I would probrably order 2 boxes once a month or something if they are willing to order.
I've found that credit unions will pretty much bend over backwards to give you what you want within reason, essentially because YOU are a stakeholder in their organization by having an account there. Now if you wanted to order 100 boxes a week I'm sure they would frown on that but just use common sense and they will help you out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread