First ever Coin Roll Hunting

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am addicted. Grew up collecting coins, but haven't thought about it in years due to my career and other things in life.

Anyways, found this forum about 10 days ago and am catching up reading as a newbie. I have about 10 different banks within a few miles of work so decided to start looking for halves. Went to chase and boa and they ordered for me (supposed to arrive this week). Went to another chase and the women said they had some in vault but they couldn't get them out until the next day. Next day I stop by at lunch and get $30 in CWR halves and $14 Ike's. I go to my car and open first two rolls --- skunked, but each roll had only 1 year (first roll had all 1972 halves, second roll a different year in 70s).

Last roll had all 64s. I was amazed, that someone would sort but still not retain the valuable ones. Now my girlfriend thinks I am crazy since I spent Saturday buying as many boxes as I could at all the banks. Wish me luck.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, but don't hit the banks too hard! Finesse and reservation is key to longevity.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, corporateass, and welcome to our forum. Killer score on the '64's! I just have to ask, though, what's the story behind your name?

OP
OP
C
Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, corporateass, and welcome to our forum. Killer score on the '64's! I just have to ask, though, what's the story behind your name?

Name was not meant offensive or provocative, it was short for my email corporateassociate but website had character limitations. It is gettin changed, sorry if it bothered anyone .

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's in a name? Call yourself whatever you like and we have to deal with it in our minds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread