Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search for dump- or there is a great thread In the stickies sections, which is on the top of the section- for newbies- has a bunch of great info

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a stupid question! We all are beginners once! What I do is pick one branch of the bank I use as me dedicated dump bank after the coins are rolled (because they charge to order boxes. :P) all people do it differently but your eventual goal will be to save time, not spend extra money and never ever buy back coins you already checked! Haha just use your brain and you will find something that works best for you! :)

Happy hunting and hope you have much luck!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't carry it back to where you got it. That's a BIG no-no.

Good luck and happy hunting.

- DS

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a stupid question! We all are beginners once! What I do is pick one branch of the bank I use as me dedicated dump bank after the coins are rolled (because they charge to order boxes. :P) all people do it differently but your eventual goal will be to save time, not spend extra money and never ever buy back coins you already checked! Haha just use your brain and you will find something that works best for you! :)

Happy hunting and hope you have much luck!

I believe most of us would recommend NOT returning coin to a different branch of the same bank. Some have been successful (thus far) with this method, others have not. If you're lucky enough to avoid a burned bridge, there is still another reason to avoid it. If you're depositing the same denomination you buy from a different branch, then you are likely looking at the same coins over and over. Most decent sized banks have a central location where coin is rolled. It may or may not be owned/run by a courier. This allows them to 'buy' and 'sell' coin, as needed, from one branch to the other.

OO

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
All my coin comes from brinks regional processing place, that being the case if I dump at any bank serviced by this brinks regional plant then I have a (very slim) chance of looking at a couple of the same coins. Alot of areas are different and even ran differently, my bank is one where dumping at a different branch works

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread