The System Crumbles before my eyes...

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone.. Well, today was a bad day.. It looks like the charges finally hit my region.. Two banks today told me that they will soon be implementing a fee for ordering boxes of halves.. I assume I will hear the same from my other branches this week. I will just have to see If some of my other pickup branches are out of this "region" where the charges are already being implemented.. I assume it is going to happen to all branches soon enough.. Both the tellers were extremely nice about it.. They just said that the regional managers have noticed what is going on and they are trying to put an end to it.. Neither vault teller knew exactly what the cost would be and said they will notify me next week when I pickup my boxes.. Either way, I am taking a break from volume hunting over the summer, so even though it sucks that i am getting shut down, at least it happened at a good time.. I will probably pay the fees for two more weeks and then just end it.. Come fall I will start seeking out a new bank to pickup from.. This bank holds 90% of my savings and I certainly have a lot of money in there. It will just be interesting to see how they try to win me back when I go in to close my account :laughing7:.. Oh well.. I would rather keep my savings with a bank that will go above and beyond for me.. Thank God I didn't take out a mortgage though.. Regardless, like other people have said, Hunt them while you can, because its getting harder and harder these days.. Now pardon me while I go try and find a new cow to milk some silver from.. Happy Hunting Peeps..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks man. I know I'm pretty new, but I currently have three different chains of banks that will order for me:
Two are large national banks and one is a small credit union. All branches of the credit union seem extremely eager to please. They have flat out told me that they will order as many boxes as I want and it isn't a problem. This credit union also uses my prefered supplier.
To be perfectly honest, though, these are the only three chains of banks that I have asked to order for me. I have never been turned down thus far except for one cranky teller at one branch of a chain that normally has no problem ordering for me.

I think your best bet is looking for a bank that has a high concentration of branches that are located conveniently for you and go there and bring up your coin ordering habits prior to opening the account. If they say no, move on to the next likely candidate bank chain.

Absolutely... I am just going to open up couple more bank accounts and see the results from each.. Worst scenario I at least have more dumping options..

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely... I am just going to open up couple more bank accounts and see the results from each.. Worst scenario I at least have more dumping options..

exactly
0010.gif

by the truckload.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread