Finished my 3-day CRH in San Antonio Texas

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did an all walking tour of the downtown banks and a few near the airport. Here are the results.

Downtown:
Jefferson Bank: nothing

Bank of America: nothing but the comment that people like me keep them cleaned out of halves

IBC: $2 loose (no silver)

Frost: nothing

BB&t: nothing

Chase: $8.50 in halves (1-40%) but may have some in the vault, 2nd and 3rd trips $150 each time (limit for non customers) of someone's dump: nothing

Bbvt Compass: $1.50 in loose halves (jackpot 1918 George V Canadian half dollar) she almost didn't give it to me because she didn't know what it was...I said that's what I'm looking for...92.5% score.

Chase: $3 in halves all clad

Broadway: $70 mwr said she could only give out a few because there coin shipment comes in on Thursday, lol, first time I heard that about halves. Got some NIFC's but no silver

Some credit union: nothing

Compass n. main: nothing

Wells Fargo: $2 halves (no silver)

Texas bank: nothing

By the airport:

Bb&t: nothing
Bradford: nothing
Wells Fargo: lots of halves but only for account holders which was not me
Vantage: nothing
Texas community: nothing.

Well a bit disappointing but I am happy with the two silvers considering how cleaned out the place was. By the way, I dumped everything at IBC and they ran it through their machine.

CRH walkabout vacation is over. Happy hunting in San Antonio. I'm headed home.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my pictures:

Attachments

• image-684494608.jpg
    image-684494608.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 281
  • image-1395628959.jpg
    image-1395628959.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 311
  • image-3309317342.jpg
    image-3309317342.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 311

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decent!

I went and did a little cent searching in Austin a few days ago and ended with jack crap. At least you found something!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Should of tried the neighborhood banks north and west of the downtown area. Lots of silver there and especially in many of the retail stores. Nobody but tourists banking downtown. Have a couple of friends that CRH and seem to do well. I eat at a Whataburger that always gives me half dollars in change and I take all they have to give my friends. They tell me some old guy eats there a lot and always pays in old halves...

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great suggestion...I will remember it when I vacation there again.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decent!

I went and did a little cent searching in Austin a few days ago and ended with jack crap. At least you found something!

Hate to say it but if I was in Austin I'd be at the Flamingo Cantina living it up. the only city I've never found the time to CRH, too many extracurriculars!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should of tried the neighborhood banks north and west of the downtown area. Lots of silver there and especially in many of the retail stores. Nobody but tourists banking downtown. Have a couple of friends that CRH and seem to do well. I eat at a Whataburger that always gives me half dollars in change and I take all they have to give my friends. They tell me some old guy eats there a lot and always pays in old halves...

no way man, really? I love Whataburger, the thing I miss most about living down south (I lived in south central Texas for years). If Whataburger was dishing out old halves, I'da been in heaven

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whataburger is awesome...I also like Fuddruckers.

I wouldn't have guessed that asking cashiers for old coins would produce much.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to say it but if I was in Austin I'd be at the Flamingo Cantina living it up. the only city I've never found the time to CRH, too many extracurriculars!

Oh don't worry, all I did was stop at a bank on the way and bought rolls, then threw them in my luggage to take home. Homeland Security definitely stared at my bag as it went through the x ray :laughing7: The days were packed and it was fun.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other

Wow...that's crazy! "87 cents is your change." "Oh dang...a 1943 Walker!"

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh don't worry, all I did was stop at a bank on the way and bought rolls, then threw them in my luggage to take home. Homeland Security definitely stared at my bag as it went through the x ray :laughing7: The days were packed and it was fun.

nice, did you get a chance to go to Barton Springs? it's probably nice enough there this time of year. hell i think I've been in February, I love Texas weather

iheartdetecting

Jul 11, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Started with a bounty hunter 2, just graduated to my second detector ACE 400 Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone love to see this thread. I live in Austin have all my life. An i appreciate the things you've said about our states capital. I love Whataburger!! lol All though i call it waterburger. Anyway I have found that movie theaters especially the dollar theaters have alot of cool coins deposited at them. Other places to check while in the area would be wimberley closer to san marcos its a great small town to run into coin. I am new to the www site and detecting and look forward to showing off some banner finds at one point good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone love to see this thread. I live in Austin have all my life. An i appreciate the things you've said about our states capital. I love Whataburger!! lol All though i call it waterburger. Anyway I have found that movie theaters especially the dollar theaters have alot of cool coins deposited at them. Other places to check while in the area would be wimberley closer to san marcos its a great small town to run into coin. I am new to the www site and detecting and look forward to showing off some banner finds at one point good luck and happy hunting.

Texas is a nice place...I hope to visit again soon. Good luck with your detecting and CRH. I look forward to your banner finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread