Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you think it's crap then give it to someone who will truly appreciate it.... Or use it to help buy the US out of our (I'm a dual citizen) current uncontrollable, climbing, national debt crisis.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't you take all your foreign coins and currency to an exchange bank? I thought they give you the current US value for the foreign. I may be totally in left field with this because I haven't done it but I've seen talk of it online and had a teller tell me about a local exchange bank.

OO

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't you take all your foreign coins and currency to an exchange bank? I thought they give you the current US value for the foreign. I may be totally in left field with this because I haven't done it but I've seen talk of it online and had a teller tell me about a local exchange bank.

OO

My bank will exchange $1.00 Canadian for $0.93 US. Rip off.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you think it's crap then give it to someone who will truly appreciate it.... Or use it to help buy the US out of our (I'm a dual citizen) current uncontrollable, climbing, national debt crisis.

Throwing money at the uncontrollable, climbing national debt crisis just makes it worse.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Throwing money at the uncontrollable, climbing national debt crisis just makes it worse.

Yeah, you're 100% right.... Perhaps the US would consider selling Alaska to Canada in order to alleviate some of the debt? I wonder how many of Canada's 10 million dollar gold coins it would take to seal the deal?:dontknow:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, you're 100% right.... Perhaps the US would consider selling Alaska to Canada in order to alleviate some of the debt? I wonder how many of Canada's 10 million dollar gold coins it would take to seal the deal?:dontknow:

I am 100% confident if the US sold Alaska to Canada, all the proceeds would be wasted and the deficit would not go down one penny.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont mind the Canadian coins, I plan on taking a trip to Canada some day. I buy all the Canadian coins I can at auctions too. I purchased a Toonie from a antique store for a quarter and a Loonie for 15 cents once. Every time I go in I look through their coins for goodies from the great white north.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI

The value of Alaska would run in the Trillions of dollars!! It is a huge piece of land filled with natural resources. I doubt Canada could afford it.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLD ON TO THEM !!!!!!!!!!!! If the dollar slides more , They will at least be worth face value

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I have found the dimes work in parking meters and I spend the rest randomly. I will sometimes dump them at the toll booths! They never say much and I am traveling pretty quick. If you are really worried just send them back to the banks in customer rolls with only a few in them at a time.

Maine_Jim

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All my Canadian... Pennies , Nickels , Dimes , & Quarters....... I spend at small stores and gas stations ... I never have a problem spending them there is always some one that will take them....... If i buy a lottery ticket for a dollar i give them 2 us Quarters and 2 Canada Quarters.........I always just mix them up with my change.......I don't try to get some one to take two or more dollars of Canada coins at one time... But i get rid of them....... Just that Walmart will not take them other places will.......Walmart is not the only place in the USA........

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in 2 months I have been the victim of over $2 in pennies,$3 in nickels and $3 in dimes. I did find one silver canuck dime and keep the old pennys.walmart won't even take Canadian coins.how do I get rid of this crap? there is a local td (Toronto dominion) bank,will they exchange for real money?

I would be interested in the Canadian coins. Especially any pennies you might have. My son is 7 and he is most excited about his "Nadians" (he can't quite say Canadian for some odd reason.

Let me know through IM.

Thx

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in michigan and I have never had any problem with canadian coinage as long as its a quarter or the lower denominations. Its a one dollar or toonie ($2) coin then I know there is a foreign currency exchange downtown. The government hasn't made it illegal for us cashiers from accepting canadian coinage, so those cashiers shouldn't give ya any troubles either. Once it goes above 25 cents, like if you have Loonies and Toonies, then the exchange rate get in the way. I would say worse comes to worse, I'll trade ya dollar for dollar face value, but I know I would get in troubles doing so. (::looks to the sky to see if there are storm clouds forming:: no lightening's hit me yet. hehe ) Rather than going to the banks, check with local coin shops to see if there is a foreign currency exchange or better yet see if the coin shops will take your canadian when you go buy silver. You never know unless ya try.

Sincerely, Garoulady

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get them every week off the coin counters I now have well over $220 Many $1 and $2 coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions