Great finds at "work"

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After my great finds earlier this week... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/347280-amazing-beginner-luck.html I did some driving around today at lunch, I was able to come up with 28 rolls from a few various banks. Got back to work and was reading this forum for a bit when the itch of opening a few of the rolls overtook me. 5 or the 8 from one bank I opened were winners. 2- 90% and 4-40%. The first 90% was on my second roll, the rim was so bright I instantly knew it was silver. The seond 90% came on the 4th roll, same shiny rim. 2 of the 4 40% I had missed when looking at rims because they were so dirtly looking, but caught them when looking at dates.

All in all, this is my first week of coin roll hunting, and I'm at 22- 90%, and 244- 40%.

Hopefully the other 20 rolls in my car produce equally exciting results. But if not, I have 2-3 new banks willing to order me boxes!

Attachments

• silver halfs.jpeg
    silver halfs.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is addicting, its amazing after a huge score how quickly you are to go back out and get more..silver gets the best of us and it looks like you scored some more! Good job!

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you had time to finnish the rest of the rolls yet?

OP
OP
Cougar729

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you had time to finnish the rest of the rolls yet?

Yes, finished the rest, but nothing there. Although my nickle box gave up 21 pre 1940 & 1950's and 1 Silver Wartime. Also got a Polish coin in there as well.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job. :icon_thumright: You got the fever bad eh? There is no know cure so just roll with it.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After my great finds earlier this week... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/347280-amazing-beginner-luck.html I did some driving around today at lunch, I was able to come up with 28 rolls from a few various banks. Got back to work and was reading this forum for a bit when the itch of opening a few of the rolls overtook me. 5 or the 8 from one bank I opened were winners. 2- 90% and 4-40%. The first 90% was on my second roll, the rim was so bright I instantly knew it was silver. The seond 90% came on the 4th roll, same shiny rim. 2 of the 4 40% I had missed when looking at rims because they were so dirtly looking, but caught them when looking at dates.

All in all, this is my first week of coin roll hunting, and I'm at 22- 90%, and 244- 40%.

Hopefully the other 20 rolls in my car produce equally exciting results. But if not, I have 2-3 new banks willing to order me boxes!

22 90%ers and 244 40%ers in one week? If that is not a typo you are THE CRH GOD!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
1995, 2 ztote

Nice, I got a 2 złote also in circulation here. It is actually not a "t" but an "ł" in "złoty. I just spend any I get here when I go to Poland, worth about 60 cents. The only one from the new Polish currency to save would be the 2008 5 złotych, which is low mintage. It has little value so far, so it is kind of like the 2009 nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread