Who will stop crh if silver goes down to $20 per oz??

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to see silver go down I keep adding to the pile! I just picked up 150 40% for $600 At $20 many crh will stop. Add fees to that wow the boxes will over flow with silver.:laughing7: I have 9 good years to save all I can.
I wont stop. Silver will have to go back up sometime.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, a 90% silver half dollar can have $0.49 worth of silver in it and I will still save them, I will never stop until the banks make me :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in it for the long-term investment, not the short-term too. Silver will hit $100 in my lifetime more than likely.
I love to see silver go down I keep adding to the pile! I just picked up 150 40% for $600 At $20 many crh will stop. Add fees to that wow the boxes will over flow with silver.:laughing7: I have 9 good years to save all I can.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish i lived near ya, TimZim, i just sold 240 40% halves for 3.25 each, would have rather sold to you for same price.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
CRH'ing has an ebb and flow of hunters that fluctuates in direct proportion with the price of silver. In the late 70's, everybody's mother and brother were searching for silver. With the run-up that we have seen in the last decade, the competition has been fierce. Those that look to flip the silver for a fast profit will stop as the costs (time/gas/fees/hassle) will outweigh their meager finds and their value with respect to the current market price. Those that are stackers will persist, and will fill the void that is created from those that have stopped.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds TimZim!

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if all the silver is gone I will still search cents and nickels.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in it for the long haul. Silver is always going to be worth something better than face value and right now I'm only stacking at face. Actually, I guess if the price continues to drop I might start buying at a premium.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I search nickels now. I can get them from my workplace so I am not lossing any gas mileage and I save up 3-400 dollars worth before I lug them to my dump bank in town. Was throwing around the idea to get some boxes of dimes but those have been few and far between. I think its because everyone else nearby works on them.

Sincerely, Garoulady

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a further drop in silver will be a big boom for all us who are willing to hang in there.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody will stop ...my gramps used to do this in the 70's what was the price of silver then?

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Those that look to flip the silver for a fast profit will stop as the costs (time/gas/fees/hassle) will outweigh their meager finds and their value with respect to the current market price.

I'm in it for the short haul, and it would have to go well under $20 to make me stop, which I don't believe is going to happen. It also depends on what kind of volume you are hunting for short term holders to stop. Low volume most definitely, high volume not a chance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread