Anyone else...?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's causing it? How you open or how you hold? I found a new way to open rolls this week- I use the bottle opener on a utility/pocket knife, works great- I pierce the paper then pull upwards and it rips the whole ring off the edge-

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do mostly paper rolls with the occasional plastic wrapped box. I usually open the ends and roll the entire set of coins into my left hand...shuffle through the coins one by one. The pain is in my left hand only, rightin the center of my palm. It is the craziest thing. I cant give up my hobby... ;)

So I recently started unrolling as described above, but sort through them on the edge of a plate. This way my left hand is not curled up for hours at a time.

Ofcourse, I always search rolls with cottom gloves. It protects the coins and also keeps my hands clean. At one point I swear that I had done so many penny rolls that I could taste copper in my mouth...maybe Im just crazy though.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you are talking about i have the same thing, its just the repetitive motion of opening 50 rolls a box X multiple boxes the same way every time. I can only open rolls comfortably one way and one way only. i wish i was amber dexterous at opening up rolls.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get major hand pain from coin roll hunting. I think I'm on the verge of carpal tunnel or something. I had to switch up my coin roll searching habits.

Yup. Sucks to be old. Just have to find new ways to do your searching that can relieve some of the repetitive motions that cause the pain. Don't try to power through the pain or it will continue to get worse until you might need medical intervention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions