Pick up your ordered boxes

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I stopped at a bank after dumping- it's one I haven't stopped at before- asked for any halves loose of rolled- teller said they had a box that someone ordered- she asked how much I wanted and I said I didn't want to take if if someone ordered it, but she said it had been a couple days since it came in so she went to ask the manager and they tried to call the person who ordered, after a couple min they came and said I could have it-
Glad because it was my best halves box to date-
7 40%ers 2 '66, 1 '67, 2 '68, 2 '69

Upvote 0

westwing357

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, ExcaliburII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russell: Great BOX. That happened to me last week, I stopped at a new bank and asked for halves. The teller said they had $390 in the vault. Someone ordered the box and only picked up $100, and never came back. So I grabbed the rest. And got 1-69, 2-68, and 2-67's, and 03d, 05 p&d. I also opened an account, now I have two boxes coming every Friday. You never know... HH Jack

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I would be SO pissed if a bank gave my ordered box away. Sniping other hunters, thats low in my book.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless of course the person said they didnt want it - who knows what was said in that conversation.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
There are many people that don't want to order a full box. Many people put them in Easter eggs or give them out for particular holidays. I know it's a shock to people but people actually use them for other purposes other than CRH.

It just benefits us when we find them.

Happy huntjng and many good left over finds to you all

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I stopped at a bank after dumping- it's one I haven't stopped at before- asked for any halves loose of rolled- teller said they had a box that someone ordered- she asked how much I wanted and I said I didn't want to take if if someone ordered it, but she said it had been a couple days since it came in so she went to ask the manager and they tried to call the person who ordered, after a couple min they came and said I could have it-
Glad because it was my best halves box to date-
7 40%ers 2 '66, 1 '67, 2 '68, 2 '69

You're Utah right? I'm pretty certain I've picked up everywhere I ordered, glad to hear of your find!

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I would be SO pissed if a bank gave my ordered box away. Sniping other hunters, thats low in my book.

Teller said it had been there a couple days- if I know I can't pick it up same day ill ask if I can pick it the next day but after that I don't expect them to hold it any longer for me

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I order cents every week, $50 from 4 different banks a week. I tell them I'll be in some time during the weekend within a fees days, but I let them know that if someone else comes in and wants some give them away. I always pick them up within 3 or 4 days though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread