BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow...wonder if this trend will continue into the next few days!? $19 an ounce soon for silver?! $950 an ounce for gold?! Where will it end and WHEN will you buy?!

I personally bought today...a bit o gold...a bit more o silver...dealer was almost out of both by the time I got there!!!

Oh yeah...to conform with coin roll hunting I searched one roll of cents and found a shiny 2012!!! :-)

image-958088434.jpg

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought some silver today- wanted gold but they were all out- I hope it keeps dropping- would love for it to go under $20 for a couple weeks- that way I do t have to go into my CRH stash too much

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I am going to WAIT WAIT WAIT. I see no reason to pull the trigger....yet.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am cash poor right now so I hope it stays low til next month when I have a little extra money.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by 2 coin shops today

Bought 5 maple leafs, 5 wl halves, 1 franklin half, 10 quarters, 3 morgans, and about 40 dimes mixed kennedy/mercury. $360 is a good buy, would have been at least $400 a week and a half ago. One had a Gold Eagle for sale but I passed.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope it does keep coming down so I can get in on the ground floor of the pricing! :)
What is your definition of the "ground floor"? Less than 10 years ago, silver was in the $6 - $8 range. I was buying $400 a month.
I stopped when it passed $20. Started buying again, but only $300 a month. All the guru's are saying "It's going to top $100". Now
is the time to hoard as much as possible (within your means). Don't mortgage the house, but any extra, buy and put away for that
rainy day. Been doing coins for over 50 years. Have never sold a thing. I'm still waiting for my rainy day. Retirement is less than 6
years away. It is still fun searching boxes. This weekend I had 3 boxes of halves, 3 boxes of dimes, 2 boxes of nickels and 21 boxes
of cents. Still have 16 boxes of cents to go. Only pulling the wheaties. Put away $2,000 FV in copper.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been buying (and will continue to trade cash for something that isn't trash, no matter what the price is) but haven't been buying a whole lot because premiums are through the roof. All my coin shops/bullion shops are pricing stuff like they were when silver was $28/oz and they're still running out of inventory.

If premiums ever come down, I'm going to stock up on bullion, the past year or two I've been mainly stacking semi-collector coins, stuff like Barbers which had no premium with $30+ silver, but at $20 or so they'll still be worth nearly what I paid for (if I cashed them out I'd no doubt take a small hit, but much less than if I say, bought Eagles or bars)

I think this week I'll pick up a couple more (half) sovereigns and buy some junk silver.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ebay sellers seem to not watch prices

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't mind if silver dropped down to $1 an ounce, it'll be stacking time investing long term.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What is your definition of the "ground floor"? Less than 10 years ago, silver was in the $6 - $8 range. I was buying $400 a month.
I stopped when it passed $20. Started buying again, but only $300 a month. All the guru's are saying "It's going to top $100". Now
is the time to hoard as much as possible (within your means). Don't mortgage the house, but any extra, buy and put away for that
rainy day. Been doing coins for over 50 years. Have never sold a thing. I'm still waiting for my rainy day. Retirement is less than 6
years away. It is still fun searching boxes. This weekend I had 3 boxes of halves, 3 boxes of dimes, 2 boxes of nickels and 21 boxes
of cents. Still have 16 boxes of cents to go. Only pulling the wheaties. Put away $2,000 FV in copper.

I see what you're saying. Sorry for not being more specific. To me, ground floor is bottoming out at $1 to about $10. I'm probably going to buy a lot when it hits under $20 (provided I can find any for around that).

I still have 40+ years until retirement. :)

- DS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread