OP
OP
G

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
it surprised me since I have now gone through $24K in halves and only found one other proof and NO SILVER to date!

OP
OP
G

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
and yeah, you didn't misread that, 48 boxes of these damn things with no silver makes me an unhappy CRHer!!!

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Is this your first proof ender, or first silver proof ender? It looks like it is in pretty nice condition from the picture whichever it is. Nice find, hope that ender is good luck for you and you find many more in that roll and others.

OP
OP
G

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Minky...its my first ender PERIOD in halves. I got a full roll of 1955D dimes, but I have been having almost no luck in halves, this will get me going for a little while longer, I was just about to give up!

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Just keep at it and they will come. If what you are doing is not working don't be afraid to change things up, different bank, more CWR, or anything you can think of. The more answers that you can come up with for any problem you may have will sooner or later lead to success, as long as you don't quit. 48 is a lot of boxes to go through, I feel sorry for you but way to keep at it, if they are all from the same bank or a few banks try different ones until you hit on something. I just tried paying 5 dollars a box last week from Regions and got 2 boxes, got 7 40%'s and 2 proofs so it was OK money wise. I sure wouldn't have wanted to pay 240 dollars to find nothing so at least your OK with it only costing you expenses and time. Nice find on the roll of dimes, I found 3 almost solid rolls one week and then got 1 more the week after in the same wrapper from the same teller so I know how good that feels to find a whole roll. Pays for the whole year in a dime short here or there, funny money, or whatever. I got a sealed box of dimes 2 weeks ago, had one roll short by 5 dimes, I almost kept it it was so funny looking. Just keep on stacking the dimes and try everything you can think of, have a relative 2 towns over from you order a couple of boxes for you, and try different banks and you will start finding some good halves, they are out there waiting just for you. Good luck and HH.

Last edited:

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
48 boxes is a ton. I went through 10 and got nothing. Why go through 10 boxes of halves and getting nothing when you can go through 10 boxes of dimes in plastic wrap in less than half the time and get 10+ keepers? Idk...just my opinion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread