Finding gold and silver today!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went to my coin guys they told me everyone wanted hi prices for gold and silver. I told them why bother so I went to the coin guys in boundbrook nj they sold me 97 walkers and 14 barbers and 1 silver quarter a barber all were warn but not that bad. So they sold them by weight for $860 that's A little over $8 each. Am happy with that I will sell them by the coin. Plus I got a 2007 buff 1oz .9999 proof with box and all papers for $1530. I did order a monster box for $2.50 pre per coin ?? not sure if he can get it?? I hope so.:tongue3: So if you want to pick up so silver or gold shop around!!

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, Tim! Physical gold will always be in demand, and it takes up so much less space than silver!
hh
buff

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I still like silver. i call its the Poorman's gold. I can either get just 1 oz of gold with a pretty high premium up here in michigan or I can get a lot of silver that I can break down into useable pieces. But I saw silver go up today. Not much but 60 cents. But I rather watch the precious metals then hear about the violence in the world. At Least for a few days.

Hugs, and Prayers,

GarouLady

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Precious metals down mean that stock prices are up...
Precious metals are up mean that stock prices are down... Just my observation.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get silver for face the price doesn't have to be hi!!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
well today is wednesday and stocks are down 113 and silver is down 6 cents too. :;sighs:: bummer. I am thinking about going to get more silver but man, 28 for an ounce, 5 bucks over current spot is a bit steep. Not bad if silver jumps back up to the 34 dollar mark that it was 3 weeks ago, then it would make it worth it. Ohh for it to be payday. LOL.

Sincerely, Garoulady

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what will happen to premiums if price stays 22 to 24? Will LCSs be forced to lower premiums? Anyone experience a similar situation?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone know what will happen to premiums if price stays 22 to 24? Will LCSs be forced to lower premiums? Anyone experience a similar situation?

My guess is that they will be very stubborn about keeping the high premiums because any silver they have was bought at a higher price.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My guess is that they will be very stubborn about keeping the high premiums because any silver they have was bought at a higher price.

At least where I am i'd disagree with that assertion. . Junk silver and generic rounds are usually gone the day they are sold.. maybe for premium stuff like ASE etc.. stuff that already had premiums and doesn't move as fast. .

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stubborn is what we are experiencing now. If/when it levels out, the premium will come down...some. I think everyone is hoping PMs will pop back. There's a chance silver will pop back to $28ish. Unfortunately, I think there's a decent chance it could touch the teens and settle in the $20 range for awhile. What's most unlikely to me is that it will settle in the current range around $23 or $24. We are kind of in no mans land right now for silver.

OO

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
At least where I am i'd disagree with that assertion. . Junk silver and generic rounds are usually gone the day they are sold.. maybe for premium stuff like ASE etc.. stuff that already had premiums and doesn't move as fast. .
I agree. If they are sitting on silver, they're not doing it right. Or, they've been charging high premiums and/or prices all along.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up an ASE for $26 and 4 generic rounds for $108 (damn tax) today. Not bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread