mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Myself I just cut the roles and tape them back up but I'm asking because I just got a bag of $1000 in dimes from a bank that uses a coin counting machine and I'm wondering how many people out there uses coin counting machines to dump their dimes

Everyone who has a free coin machine available, uses them. Please don't cut and tape. It clues the bank in to exactly what you are doing (costing them money) and at least in my opinion, is not crh best practice. Also you can search faster by just dumping the coins in a container, destined for the coin machine.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats the first time I have ever heard of someone cutting and taping dimes, i thought everyone used the counting machines!

OP
OP
R

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know my dump banks really well and they don't mind cutting and taping.. They like how I bring them in because it saves them from having to order boxes

OP
OP
R

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On top sometimes they get counted as pennies... Cutting an taping ensures I don't get shorted

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to bring dimes loose in $500 bags, and get cash on the spot.
The tellers counts were off too often, not on my account, so the manager said, "all coin must now come in rolled".
I search mostly cwr dimes anyway, so I just re-roll, which takes an extra five seconds per roll.
The tellers must now unroll the dimes anyway, to be shipped out. Lets just say I cut into their book-reading time, and they are not always thrilled to see me.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I search mainly CWR. Looking for the elusive collection dump. I usually just re-roll or dump in a bag and use a coin machine. If your bag is from TD you may not find any silver as their machines reject silver.

OP
OP
R

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I search mainly CWR. Looking for the elusive collection dump. I usually just re-roll or dump in a bag and use a coin machine. If your bag is from TD you may not find any silver as their machines reject silver.

Well I just finished going through the bag of dimes, found 9 silver Rosies! I'll take that every time. I think I'm going to hunt down these dime bags from other branches. I didn't realize how long it was going to take to go through 10,000 dimes!

Attachments

• photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 121
OP
OP
R

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I was worried the machine might reject silvers... looks like nope!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it a TD bag? If so, that would be interesting.

OP
OP
R

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it was not a TD bag. There are no TD banks in my neck o' the woods

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions