Pissed at bank...

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I call up one of the banks I have an account at to see if I could order a $500 box of halves and they tell me that they can only order in $1000 so I asked if they could order that and I would buy $500 then after I go through it cash it out and buy the other $500 the answer was no so I decide to do it there way. After making sure I could get the $1000 I give them another call and the person that answered said they would ask the person that does the ordering if they could. I wait till after the weekend and call them up today to ask if they ordered and to see what day they would come in, and the answer was NO they can't do that!!! How do you guys get around this stuff?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all better I ordered from another bank :) worst comes to worst I could just switch them to my dump bank :P

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you at least cleaned up the puddle or you might have a very angry bank staff.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you let me sort through them, cash them in and get the other box. <<<<------ Answer to your question.

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you let me sort through them, cash them in and get the other box. <<<<------ Answer to your question.

I asked if I could have them order the 1k then let me pick it up $500 at a time, answer was no and when I tried to order 1k straight out it was still no...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I wonder if you would have more success if you swung by the bank and spoke to them one-on-one silversnacher!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHy would you call? go in person..

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Treats really work, my bank teller called to say that someone brought in silver. When I arrived, the teller handed me a silver rosie...so I bought everyone pizza for lunch!

:cross::cross::cross:

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
make sure you know who you are talking too, (names) someone said yes and the other said no? the manager might like to know either way. Since someone said yes, i would try to hold them to it!

Daddio53

Apr 5, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Tesoro Lobo, Tesoro Golden microMax
I guess you have to put yourself in the shoes of the banker. They don't keep millions of dollars on hand like a lot of people think. They try to keep the money on hand at a minimum. So for them to tie up a portion of that money in coins is not something they generally want to do, especially if they know you are just cherry picking for silver. They don't want to even more if they know you are going to be bringing it back and tying up one of their tellers to run the coins through the change counter. I suppose if you went in in person to talk to the bank manager you could work something out. I've banked at the same bank for 35 years, and some days they don't want to be bothered. At other times they have no problem. I guess like any other business, the customer is only always right when you feel like letting them be always right. Keep trying, or as I've seen others say, go to another bank. I had one bank that bent over backwards to get coins for me. They ordered the President dollars for me over and over while I was trying to come up with a full set, and never once said no. They knew I was checking for silver, yet it never bugged them. Too bad for me, that bank closed.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
They ordered the President dollars for me over and over while I was trying to come up with a full set, and never once said no. They knew I was checking for silver, yet it never bugged them.

You were checking for silver in presidential dollars?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread