Good finds for free

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetic Delta 4000 and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, talking about coinstars! Someone left a pile of coins and tokens yesterday while I got lottery tickets. Scooped all of it up. Got a bunch of Wheaties two 1917, 1937, three 1940 two 1941, 52,56,57. A few memorials and canadian oldest 76 and a bunch of modern Trinidad tobego coins not bad for free. Best stuff I find is in coinstars. Machines boot all silver, penny made before early 60s, war nickels.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
I am still looking for my first find Leopard11!

OP
OP
L

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetic Delta 4000 and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh strange I seem to find them all the time. I even put a zinc cent in one that was defaced and copper plating gone and it took it thought no way it would.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like OMG, Now I wont be able to pass the machine at my grocery store without looking.... Never thought of that before. But curse you for planting this idea in my head!

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The only Coinstars in my area are in the supermarkets and I have yet to find one with anything in the chute/tray. :(

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
The coinstars around my area reject all silver, canooks, wheaties, and tokens. The only thing the machines don't like is the large Ike dollar coins. Those get stuck in the machines and I usually persuade my bosses to let me, urm.."clean" the machine. The local coin shop will give me 1.25 for each Ike dollar I bring in and for every wheat penny, they give me 2 cents apeice. Not bad for stuff I don't normally collect.

Sincerely, GarouLady

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the reason they reject many wheaties is due to wear. I look under the machine always, and my wheat numbers are identical, if not smaller to the silver numbers.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
1.25 for an IKE is insane...you should really probably take time out and find an IKE source and milk it dry. I mean its a free instant 25% return, I doubt this LCS will do this for more than a handful of IKEs.

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only Coinstars in my area are in the supermarkets and I have yet to find one with anything in the chute/tray. :(

Just got a silver dime and carnival crushed penny from my local CS...buuut, it wasn't in the FRONT reject tray, but the "dirt" tray INSIDE the machine...only way I got em is cuz a zincoln that had a date w the lawnmower and lost clogged it up, the guy opened it n gave me the kept rejects :)

-beav3r

Joe1944

Jul 3, 2013
Rockland County, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a British pound a few months back, a large penny too. 1 pound is worth about 1.50 U.S. I also got tricked by a plastic U.S. cent at a CS recently!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread