My first Coin Roll hunting experience!

E

el_gral

Hello everybody!
Ive always read the forums and threads on this site including this one but i never really bothered to do any coin roll hunting myself, that is until today. I was at the local branch today getting some cash and out of the blue i asked if they had any Rolls of halves, the manager said yeah so i asked for two, gave them my $20 and left, i figured i would get a bunch of clads.

Once i was in the car i took a look at the rolls and without uncrimping them i saw immediately that the first one on the top was a 1964, that made me feel all excited so i decided "eh what the heck" and i rushed back into the bank to purchase another 4 rolls, so altogether i bought 6 rolls. As soon as i got home later today i unopened them and this is what i found!

2 1964 (plain) & 1 1964-D

3 SILVER KENNEDY's! for my first time, VERY EXCITING! considering I didnt even think i would find anything.

I also got 2 2000 halves & a 1994 which all look excellent, could even be UNC, do you guys think these are worth keeping or should i throw them back in?
What i thought was pretty weird was that most of the coins were bicentennials, i didnt know they minted sooo many.
Well anyways just wanted to share my first coin roll hunting experience, and thank all of you for making this cold and cloudy day more interesting!

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Great job El Gral- ;D

Yep, they made those bicentennials in bunches. And people hoarded them, so there's a gang of them out there. When I find any year in great shape, I put it in my halves book. Since I go through quite a few in a week, I upgrade then as I go, if anything stands out. What the hey, they may be common, but they don't circulate much. A person can get a nice AU collection in order in a short time. :)

OP
OP
E

el_gral

Thanks Guys! Im looking forward to stinking up my hands with that coin smell every now and then, searching those rolls!!! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread