what ELSE are you guys interested in?

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously we all share a mutual interest in silver, but I'm curious what other hobbies people are involved in?

I'll go first. I am really into playing poker. When I graduated from college in 2008 I actually spent a couple of years playing poker for a living, playing online on PokerStars and Full Tilt. I am also a bit of a "cork dork" as I have an interest in wines (mostly reds though).

So what else are you guys (and gals) passionate about?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like going auctions and garage sales.

Riding motorcycles

I also officiate college and high school football

What's the coolest coin related purchase you've made at an auction? What about coolest non-coin related purchase? Have any players whose games you've officiated made it big in college or the pros?

OP
OP
B

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, number one is spending time with my family. But after that, let's see...

• Running
• Making Beer
• Guns
• Metal Detecting
• Learning Foreign Languages
• Motorcycles

Really, learning/researching/making just about anything. I love to research processes and trades. By the time I die, I'll finally know everything I want to know.

What languages have you learned? How many do you speak now?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Besides metal detecting I'm into gardening(nothing makes me happier that a homegrown tomato out of my own garden with a drizzle of oil and homegrown fresh basil),cooking,plinking occasionally,and photography.

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shooting, horses, traveling and hangin out with my fiance and daughter.

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The funny thing is, I only took Spanish in school. The rest are all self taught. Languages are a system just like anything else. Once the system makes sense, it's easier to make guesses that are correct about how to say things. You also have to have a good memory.

OP
OP
B

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides metal detecting I'm into gardening(nothing makes me happier that a homegrown tomato out of my own garden with a drizzle of oil and homegrown fresh basil),cooking,plinking occasionally,and photography.

No balsamic vinegar with the tomato? For shame! What is plinking? Do you use an SLR or digital camera?

OP
OP
B

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
English (native)
German (pretty good)
Spanish (pretty good)
Italian (enough to get by)
French (enough to be polite)

Wow that's impressive. I stumbled upon a forum for polyglots online but never got too involved. I can speak enough spanish to get by...do you learn each one individually or work on multiple languages at once?

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank God for those commas! That sentence takes on a whole new meaning without them! (Shooting, horses... vs. Shooting horses) :-)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No balsamic vinegar with the tomato? For shame! What is plinking? Do you use an SLR or digital camera?
Oh yeah sure,a little balsamic is good and maybe a nice hunk of fresh mozzarella. Plinking is shooting for sport,I've just started and am really liking it. Nothing above a 38 caliber though,I'm not that macho yet.,heh heh.I take pictures mostly with my iphone and occasionally I shoot on an inexpensive digital Olympus.there are some pretty neat tricks and apps for the iPhone to take some really nice shots.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayaking - treasure hunting - rock hounding - cleaning my house - foraging wild foods - playing with my chickens - looking at coins - playing with coins - kayaking - coins - outdoors - chickens - I work a normal job - coins - 'relaxing' - more treasure hunting - Metal detecting Poorly - gardening - building things my home needs - internet forums revolving around coins and CRHing - being a good person - having dinner with my mom - Listening to Joe Rogan Podcast - Adam carolla poscast - Steven Brody Stevens Podcast -

OP
OP
B

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayaking - treasure hunting - rock hounding - cleaning my house - foraging wild foods - playing with my chickens - looking at coins - playing with coins - kayaking - coins - outdoors - chickens - I work a normal job - coins - 'relaxing' - more treasure hunting - Metal detecting Poorly - gardening - building things my home needs - internet forums revolving around coins and CRHing - being a good person - having dinner with my mom - Listening to Joe Rogan Podcast - Adam carolla poscast - Steven Brody Stevens Podcast -

You should check out the bill burr weekly podcast on mondays, it's awesome and it's right up your alley. And wow, you have a lot of interests :icon_thumright:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are right - just subcribed to bill's podcast.

Joey Diaz Church of what's happening now is my new favorite - he is HIGHLARRYUS - him and Steven Brody Stevens. Both different, but worth a listen.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Where to begin

The Bible
Long range shooting
Competitive shooting
NRA certified rifle instructor
Metal detecting
Numismatics