Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3.65 cents per coin. 530 of 'em. Very pleased with this transaction. I want to wait a day or two, and turn it into 99.9 fine, but don't want to pay a premium. I'm hunting for the deal now.

Thanks peeps. That is my first year collection - minus the good toners, and a roll of BU specimens.

this is related to CRHing, in that, this is the part of the whole effort that people don't talk about - - - The sale!

Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on my local CL was asking $5 each, I offered him $3 and said melt was about $3.50. He said there was a $1.50 premium per coin.....needless to say I told him he was in a fantasy world but didn't say it as nicley as I did here ;)

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on my local CL was asking $5 each, I offered him $3 and said melt was about $3.50. He said there was a $1.50 premium per coin.....needless to say I told him he was in a fantasy world but didn't say it as nicley as I did here ;)

I posted, asking for 4 per coin - I got all sorts of nasty emails, saying these didn't have silver in them, ect. You know the drill when trying to move 40% coinage....I'm thainkful I got melt. The gentleman who purchased them didn't really know anything about 40% coinage, but...he trusted me.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you gotta ask high because they will lowball really bad on CL. I was happy before silver dipped selling at spot -10%, but that has changed now that silver has free fallen. sounds like a fair deal

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be pretty happy if I could buy 40%ers or 90%ers at spot price.

I've made some good contacts - one LCS and one antique store and both will sell at melt or even a bit lower. Good prices are out there you just gotta shop around!

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've made some good contacts - one LCS and one antique store and both will sell at melt or even a bit lower. Good prices are out there you just gotta shop around!

Makes sense, I have gone to a couple of LCS's recently and have been pretty frustrated. I bought some silver quarters at $5.75 each when the price of silver was around $26 an ounce...when the price dropped down to $23 I went back to buy some more and they wanted.....$5.50 a quarter. I was annoyed and didn't buy any.

There is an awesome monthly coin show where I live so I'm going to see what I get this Sunday, hopefully silver hovers around $24 an ounce until then...

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a few US silver coins this week, fair prices I thought...

(2) Columbian Expedition half dollars (1892/1893) in VF+ condition for 12$ a pop.
(1) Barber quarter, worn but still not worn away for 5$
(5) mercs for 2$ a pop

I should try and unload my 40% on CL... always cash them into my LCS then end up buying .999 or 90% silver with that money... lol

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3.65 cents per coin. 530 of 'em. Very pleased with this transaction. I want to wait a day or two, and turn it into 99.9 fine, but don't want to pay a premium. I'm hunting for the deal now.

Thanks peeps. That is my first year collection - minus the good toners, and a roll of BU specimens.

this is related to CRHing, in that, this is the part of the whole effort that people don't talk about - - - The sale!

I'm always looking to buy 40% halves. Anyone looking to sell hit me up.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
They weren't interested in 40% at the show last Sunday. My 40% always sits on C'list for weeks, at 20-30% below melt.

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They weren't interested in 40% at the show last Sunday. My 40% always sits on C'list for weeks, at 20-30% below melt.

I'll be glad to take them off your hands. No waiting period required :-) PM me.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40 percenters go really fast on craigslist depending on how popular coins are in your area..

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be happy to take any and all leftovers at 20 to 30% below spot. I'll gladly pay the shipping too. Let me know if rckymtn doesn't buy them all.

OO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread