chase accounts terminated.

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to deposit 50$ in cents and I was told by a teller that I needed to talk to a banker. Well after half an hour with this man he said that all my accounts where permanently closed and I was not even able to open a new account with them. He said it was a chase compliance issue and he was not allowed to tell me what that even ment. I have been with chase for 2 years and never a problem. I suspect it is because of my many many many deposits and withdrawals in short times? Could this be a result of my CRH hobby?

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn't imagine ordering that many boxes a week, I feel odd going in asking for $50.00 in rolls....but I am new to this.
..... I know what you mean ...I started last winter.... And i still feel odd going in the banks to get rolls or just one box............. Some times i start in to the bank ...And stop and don't go in ........

jwb

Greenie
Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
..... I know what you mean ...I started last winter.... And i still feel odd going in the banks to get rolls or just one box............. Some times i start in to the bank ...And stop and don't go in ........

:)

I just went to Chase and did a withdrawal of $50 and asked for $20 back in Nickels and I got kinda a weird look. I didn't have my acct number on me, so I gave her my debt card to look my acct up which generally doesn't require my id. She looked at my drivers license and punched in a bunch of stuff into the computer....kinda weirded me out.

I'll make sure I have my acct number on me in the future and avoid that branch, it isn't the one I normally go to.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Maybe I can shed some light on the banking subject. (I am assuming all the above posters are not doing anything illegal.) A relative of mine works as a fraud investigator for a very large US Bank. He told me that most banks today are watching their "bottom lines". He said if your banking actions begin to cost the bank money, they will absolutely terminate your account. He said to read all the legal-eze you agreed to when you first opened your account. Hope this helps!

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is in no way meant to be mean, but if you feel bad about asking for coins, rolls, or boxes to the point that you stop and don't go in, CRHing might not be the hobby for you. It takes a little bit thicker of a skin than that. Really, you shouldn't feel bad about asking for coin.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no problem going and asking for coinage. I do wonder how to work teller trays because they have them off to the side out of customer's immediate line of sight. If I crane my head I can look at them but then I get the weird looks. I usually ask them for canadian coinage to throw them off. You never know. I might hit some silver that way. I am thinking about asking the cash office manager at my work to see if she can put any dime and quarter rolls with 'silver' in them off to the side. She probably will tell me no, but if you don't take that leap of faith, you might not get the miracle. LOL.

Hugs,
GarouLady

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I can shed some light on the banking subject. (I am assuming all the above posters are not doing anything illegal.) A relative of mine works as a fraud investigator for a very large US Bank. He told me that most banks today are watching their "bottom lines". He said if your banking actions begin to cost the bank money, they will absolutely terminate your account. He said to read all the legal-eze you agreed to when you first opened your account. Hope this helps!

Good advice. I am just curious why they would ever let you order X amount of coins on a regular basis if it effects their bottom line so badly? Especially if they know your intentions are to do it regularly as a CRH. Seems to me, if this is such a problem, they should never order for you in the first place. It would save these people from an "out of the blue" account closure....

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Keppy...I know how you feel. I felt the same as you when I started. When I'd go into a branch I had never been to and asked for boxes of coins I always got weird looks and even some not so nice comments. The key is to build a relationship with your tellers. Go in and ask for 10 rolls at a time here and there and let them know what you're doing then work your way into boxes. It's all about the relationships. Build those and the rest will fall into place.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Keppy...I know how you feel. I felt the same as you when I started. When I'd go into a branch I had never been to and asked for boxes of coins I always got weird looks and even some not so nice comments. The key is to build a relationship with your tellers. Go in and ask for 10 rolls at a time here and there and let them know what you're doing then work your way into boxes. It's all about the relationships. Build those and the rest will fall into place.
You guys aren't the only ones, I was ok for about 3 years, then I started to notice a nauseous feeling in my gut when approaching a bank, especially on short road trips. I'm not 'trippin like I used to :tongue3:

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice. I am just curious why they would ever let you order X amount of coins on a regular basis if it effects their bottom line so badly? Especially if they know your intentions are to do it regularly as a CRH. Seems to me, if this is such a problem, they should never order for you in the first place. It would save these people from an "out of the blue" account closure....

It's not a matter of it affecting their bottom lines so drastically, of course they can take the hit. They hope that by accommodating your CRH needs eventually you'll do business with them, hopefully in the form of a loan, credit card or even a mortgage. Once it becomes apparent that they are never going to generate any revenue from your "business" it makes sense for them to cut you off.

Everybody gets all up in arms about customer service and they're so bad blah blah blah but in reality they are operating a business and if you're not doing anything for them you have no right to expect them to do anything for you.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a matter of it affecting their bottom lines so drastically, of course they can take the hit. They hope that by accommodating your CRH needs eventually you'll do business with them, hopefully in the form of a loan, credit card or even a mortgage. Once it becomes apparent that they are never going to generate any revenue from your "business" it makes sense for them to cut you off.

Everybody gets all up in arms about customer service and they're so bad blah blah blah but in reality they are operating a business and if you're not doing anything for them you have no right to expect them to do anything for you.

Next question.......who decides when you will never generate revenue through "business". Is there a time frame in which you shall start to do "business" with them? I have multiple credit cards, checking/savings accounts, as well as a loan with one particular bank. Do I generate enough revenue for them to order boxes unlimited? I am just playing devils advocate here. I understand business and having to make maximum profit. I'm amazed CRH is even "alive and well" in this day and age.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Next question.......who decides when you will never generate revenue through "business". Is there a time frame in which you shall start to do "business" with them? I have multiple credit cards, checking/savings accounts, as well as a loan with one particular bank. Do I generate enough revenue for them to order boxes unlimited? I am just playing devils advocate here. I understand business and having to make maximum profit. I'm amazed CRH is even "alive and well" in this day and age.
No rocket science involved. I get greedy, order boxes upon boxes, week after week, I'm going to get cut off. Or, I stay small time and fly under the radar.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No rocket science involved. I get greedy, order boxes upon boxes, week after week, I'm going to get cut off. Or, I stay small time and fly under the radar.

I've been flying under the radar for years at many banks. Again, playing devils advocate, who/when is it decided that your ordering outweighs your "business" or generated revenue?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife, a loan officer and vault teller, tells me that it's normally the CEO's decision to terminate that sort of account.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife, a loan officer and vault teller, tells me that it's normally the CEO's decision to terminate that sort of account.

Gotcha. That's the answer I was looking for.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I If I crane my head I can look at them but then I get the weird looks.

This is me looking at a tray in a store (the only reason I didn't buy them all is that I was not pointing out silver, it was actually a commemorative quarter, since I was in Canada at the time):

Attachments

• DSC_7691.JPG
    DSC_7691.JPG
    551.5 KB · Views: 115

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to be our lone Chase supporter. I frequent the Chase banks in my city as well as a few out of state and with one exception: I have nothing but good things to say. Keeping in mind they know what I do with the coins I get: every teller at every branch is really nice and accommodating to say the least. There is just one branch that won't give out boxes and is sometimes snippy about taking small: less than $1,000, dumps. I have accounts at 2 other "big banks" and Chase is hands down the best. I know I am in the minority here, but so far Chase has been really good to me.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I support Chase all the way! They always take my coins and never ever have a problem dealing with me!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I suspect it is because of my many many many deposits and withdrawals in short times? Could this be a result of my CRH hobby?

Absolutely. You abuse the system and they terminate you. You overdid it, and this is the consequence. Not saying it is good, but saying it is reality.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Chase permanently closed my accounts as well as a few other members on here too. I was pulling over 80 boxes a week from them though, all of which were recorded to my "free" checking account. I agree that Chase ranks highest on the chart for not caring about their customers. The Chase deception.
I disagree with your conclusion here. You had a free checking account. You were a very small account for them. Yet you cost them lots of time and effort, plus some money. And you abused the relationship by not pulling 2 or 4 boxes aw eek, but by pulling over 8 boxes per week. I think that is abuse. And they **** you down. That doesn't make THEM the bad guy here. You overstepped your limits and they reacted. As for not caring for their customers? You really weren't much of a customer. to them (Stating it from their side) you were more of a leech. I'm not talking personally here, and don't mean to insult you. I'm talking about you as a business customer. To their business, you were a leech. You were sucking blood out of them, and not giving anything in return. So, they pulled you off and closed you down. I don't think ANY of us have the "right" to abuse the bank by giving them nothing, asking for a lot, and then thinking they "owe" it to us to do all that we want. There ARE things that the banks do that suck. To me? this is not one of them. You abused the relationship, and you got dumped. But you can't see that you abused it, since you feel they should have just taken that abuse without responding. Nope - I don't think that was a deception from them at all. Sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread