Give quarters a try and what is your quarter luck?

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
yo everyone. Just curious on how you all have been with quarters? I was hitting them pretty well earlier in the year, found several. Now, every single box has been 100% skunk.

Some of the ones I found earlier this year are in this thread.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...od-finds-while-i-gone-posted-later-today.html

My advice, they vary between region, and they are WORTH a try, before you jump to conclusions.

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going to make a new post but decided to add to this one. Dimes have slowed in my area. I was killing it in December pulling mercs left and right out of boxes. Decided to get a box of quarters yesterday and 9 th roll in got a 41! A few rolls later a 62-d! That was it for the box. Very nice surprise. This ties my best quarter box. Last time found 2 silver in the same roll. I think for a couple weeks I may keep going with quarters in between my half orders. HH

WheatWaffle

Bronze Member
Oct 30, 2013
Ive had pretty good luck. Only doing 10 rolls, got 11 quarters from 1956 to 1964. Pretty sure it was beginner's luck though.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes have been terrible for me. I might go out and buy quarter boxes!! My dime average dropped down to 1 silver per 3 boxes, I think quarters might be the way to go.

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my bag day and I purchased a partial bag of quarters (about $560) on a whim and scored my first CRH silver quarter, a 64d! I guess I'll make some room in the budget for about $500 in quarters every Saturday. You never know...

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to start buying a box a week as well. They are so easy to get rid of. I have a couple local banks that love when I bring them quarters. I guess there only allowed to purchase a certain amount , and they always run low. As long as every other box produces one I will stay with them.

Carzie

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , i purchased my first ever roll of quarters today after reading this thread last night. I asked the guy at the local grocery store if I could buy 1 roll. We'll I found a 1967, a 1964, a 1963 and a 1970. Needless to say I am now hooked!!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all , i purchased my first ever roll of quarters today after reading this thread last night. I asked the guy at the local grocery store if I could buy 1 roll. We'll I found a 1967, a 1964, a 1963 and a 1970. Needless to say I am now hooked!!

The 1967 and 1970 quarters are only worth a quarter.

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 quarter boxes and like 3000$ in CWR rolls since I started collecting coins at the age of 4-5 years old in 2003. I'm 15 now.

The only silver quarter I've ever found was actually at a garage sale that my neighbor's had across the street.
1946 silver quarter...it's currently the only coin in my quarter album at the moment lol

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you tell me what years im looking for and what to do with them if i find them

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually if the 70 is not a 'D', that is the only Washington clad quarter (1965 - 1998) that I need to fill my collection of the circulated issues.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Small sample size for me 50, I've done two boxes and found one silver. I agree with you, they may be worth a shot and like others said they are easier to acquire and they also seem to fly under the radar a little better than halves when dumping.

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem with quarters is that there is nothing fun about them, you can tell a dirty clad from a dirty silver in the moon light. So at least this is my theory why people are able to "find" silver quarters in rolls and take them out of supply so quickly.

been awhile since I hit quarters, This summer I'm going to up my game.

bottle cap, you be right dawg.

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's nothing good in the quarter hunt :/
Wicka

You may regret that sentiment some day. The mintages of some of the recent quarters (2009 - 2012) have been quite low historically, and some (Arcadia, Chaco Culture) at less than 25 million per mint are exceptional, almost like the days of the SLQ's. I'm hanging on to all of those I see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread