Never saw this before?

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put it in a sturdy drinking glass. Put your hand over the top of the glass, flat to keep the coin inside, and shake the hell out of it. It should separate right apart really easily.

OP
OP
J

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've tried everything, wont b udge lol, maybe they glued it

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
I throw all my stubborn magicians coins on my tile floor until they pop. Gotta love well made Italian porcelain.

Scares the crap outta the dog though.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I just keep them as they are. After all, if they have been filed flat on the bonded side, you would have two items with no value. At least this is a conversation piece.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I believe it's already apart. It looks like you've found the "inner" half of the coin. All the magician's coins I've found have that part that you have, and an "outer" part that your coin fits into.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at the video I agree. The back half is missing.

dylanscores

Sep 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found 5 magician coins so far and one was just like this. What happened is someone put the back half on backwards and it got stuck. To release it, put it in the freezer for 20 minutes or longer, then try shaking it hard in a "thick" glass container. Pyrex storage containers with lids work nicely. Recycled spaghetti jars break! Or you could buy a bang ring for it. It's an amazing magic trick and fairly easy to perform. Banging it in the jar might ruin the coin.

OP
OP
J

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i finally got it open with some pliers, nothing inside but was interesting, they had it glued

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I put mine in a bag and return then to the bank so the next guy can enjoy them :tongue3:

Last edited:

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found 5 magician coins so far and one was just like this. What happened is someone put the back half on backwards and it got stuck. To release it, put it in the freezer for 20 minutes or longer, then try shaking it hard in a "thick" glass container. Pyrex storage containers with lids work nicely. Recycled spaghetti jars break! Or you could buy a bang ring for it. It's an amazing magic trick and fairly easy to perform. Banging it in the jar might ruin the coin.

I had a magicians coin that I could open by shaking in a jar. The jar eventually deformed the edge of the coin to the point that it won't open anymore. :cat:

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner and I have found a number of magic coins. The proper tool to open them is a "bang ring". You put the half in the ring BANG it on a hard surface and it opens. You can buy them at a magic shop. I sold a few sets of magic coins we found coin roll hunting on a Face book site called Magic Surplus.
Most magic coins that you find are missing a companion coin.

Here is a link to the $1.35 trick. from the first photo we uploaded.
The second photo has coins for the "Scotch and Soda Trick

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• locking.JPG
    locking.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 616
  • scoch.JPG
    scoch.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 601

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread