FIRST Indian Head!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just found my first IH in the wild...1901! This roll had a 1947 wheatie Ender and it's the first and only roll I opened from this set of $100...can't wait to open the rest tomorrow night!!! I will update this post with the final results of each box...

Going to bed a happy camper tonight!!!

HH

image-1618022658.jpg

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked a teller if that was ok once and she looked at me like I was the most stupid person on earth

Some tellers just suck. Most of mine are friendly and helpful but there's a few I try to avoid. Sometimes let people go ahead of me in line.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some tellers just suck. Most of mine are friendly and helpful but there's a few I try to avoid. Sometimes let people go ahead of me in line.

I let people go in front of me a lot if the next teller that is open isn't nice. Most tellers are nice to me, but I think some are mad because I actually make them do physical work lifting and carrying boxes. Then some of the tellers like seeing a young person interested in money. It just depends I guess. I have only had 2 tellers that were ugly about it.

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me like 25 boxes to get my first one, first 2 actually.

Thanks for putting it into perspective 8-)

I've "probably" gone through 7-800 bucks worth at this point and I'm still waiting for my first. I HAVE found a really nice 1910 Lincoln (As well as
a bunch of other cool Wheats). The 1910 is My favorite though. I can look at and hold that penny and think that the Titanic was still being built
when that coin started circulating...very cool.

kawika18

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you guys keep copper pennies to? Dated from 82 and before? Do you think its worth anytime saving them?

That is what originally got me started in CRH. I only wish I had learned of this hobby 20 years ago. Imagine all the silver I could have found.

kawika18

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for putting it into perspective 8-)

I've "probably" gone through 7-800 bucks worth at this point and I'm still waiting for my first. I HAVE found a really nice 1910 Lincoln (As well as
a bunch of other cool Wheats). The 1910 is My favorite though. I can look at and hold that penny and think that the Titanic was still being built
when that coin started circulating...very cool.

Color me lucky. I found an 1899 IH in the first box of pennies I ever searched. No wheats found in that box, but the IH more than made up for that.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thread guys. I went to the teller today and asked for any rolled up coins anyone might have brought in. The gentlemen said "actually some old lady brought in some change this morning" I tried to keep my composure but wanted to yell **** YAYY in the bank. (only because I thought old lady, old money) I Bought the 50 dollars in change. Nickles dimes pennies and quarters.
NOTHING!! . I think the old lady is a collector herself. I found many dimes that were dated 1965. But nothing older.

Do you guys keep copper pennies to? Dated from 82 and before? Do you think its worth anytime saving them?

can't tell you how many times that's happened to me. I've been striking out on CWR pickups

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck hope you find some more! I would've had to start ripping those rolls open

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my first IH 3 days ago!

It's probably the most circulated coin ever(!) lol, 'cause, when you rub it between your thumb and forefinger it's like
feeling a tiddly-winks piece (This "Penny is WORN!). It was an 1882. I was at work and got two other coworkers "strung-out"
on this stuff (We have a lot of slow-time at my job) and one of my friends pulled it out of a customer roll.

I was happy as hell just to see it and let my bud' keep it. It looked liked an AU(-)a million (lol) so, I'm "pretty sure" I didn't
give away my private island...lol! Still, it was pretty cool to see it come up. It was one of 7,000 ($70) worth of cents I
bought that day.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
When I found my 1859 indian the person sitting at my table thought is was a token lol. But, anyway when I found my first indian (1891) I almost had a heart attack. Congrats not many people have found one.
Anyway, con

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
Congrats!! I still haven't found one.

mikewthomps

Greenie
May 29, 2014
Kansas city (leawood)
Detector(s) used
my hands and eyes but im about to buy a metal detector so yeah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice i have one i found its a 1881 but in a little worse condition. THat conditions pretty nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread