FIRST Indian Head!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just found my first IH in the wild...1901! This roll had a 1947 wheatie Ender and it's the first and only roll I opened from this set of $100...can't wait to open the rest tomorrow night!!! I will update this post with the final results of each box...

Going to bed a happy camper tonight!!!

HH

image-1618022658.jpg

Upvote 0

clarknau

Jul 25, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
The IH looks great! I still need to find one for myself. I hope you pull a few more. :hello2:

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The IH looks great! I still need to find one for myself. I hope you pull a few more. :hello2:

I have a few others I acquired over the years but never found one circulating through the system!

Can't wait to finish this box!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! I have found only 6 in the years i've been hunting, and only 2 from hundreds of boxes, the other 4 were in a lucky roll of... CANADIAN PENNIES... lol

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates?? You have a lot more restraint than I do. I would have stayed up until I got them all finished. Good find!

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great looking IH. Congrats! I found one in the very first box I ever went through. It was a 1906. Yesterday I just quickly searched a $25 box and found 12 wheaties. The oldest was a 1919D. I find so many more in coin rolls than I do with my detector.

Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Tecknetics delta 4000 (do not get)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice i just got three boxes today all 2013 sucks but your not a crh till that happens to u im still lookin for my indian head and vdb
penny but im close i got a 1914

Happy Hunting, HFW

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice i just got three boxes today all 2013 sucks but your not a crh till that happens to u im still lookin for my indian head and vdb
penny but im close i got a 1914

Happy Hunting, HFW

My banks allow me to open the boxes to make sure they're circulated. You may inquire.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My banks allow me to open the boxes to make sure they're circulated. You may inquire.

I asked a teller if that was ok once and she looked at me like I was the most stupid person on earth

Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Tecknetics delta 4000 (do not get)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not once have I had a bank say I couldn't look to see if they were new or not. If you have any problems I'll have to blame it on my dashing good looks and fantastic charm with the ladies.

Haha alright ill get back with u and let u know what they said

Aug 11, 2013
Newport RI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thread guys. I went to the teller today and asked for any rolled up coins anyone might have brought in. The gentlemen said "actually some old lady brought in some change this morning" I tried to keep my composure but wanted to yell **** YAYY in the bank. (only because I thought old lady, old money) I Bought the 50 dollars in change. Nickles dimes pennies and quarters.
NOTHING!! . I think the old lady is a collector herself. I found many dimes that were dated 1965. But nothing older.

Do you guys keep copper pennies to? Dated from 82 and before? Do you think its worth anytime saving them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread