looking for two cents on a couple different cents...bad pun..

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to hunt wheaties in rolls....also look for the 98-00 wam... Also looking for 84 ddo "double earlobe"....I have like 80 1984 pennies but I'm not sure the exact nature of this err...does anyone have a pic or three of a very pronounced double ear, and a weak double ear?....and is there any other good ones I should search for?....I save ALL pennies pre 82 just cuz their melt value is higher than a cent.... Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks and HH

Upvote 0

thegreatmerlin

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2013
rural america
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as for the 84, a magnifying glass should make it easier to see if it is a "doubled ear error". Also, some other coins to look for, as far as pennies go, a 1992(p) close "AM", where the "A" and "M" in "AMERICA" are connected by a line at the base; for the 1994, 96, and 98(p)'s, the wide "AM" is more valuable. The wide "AM" is defined by the fact that there is no line connecting the "A" and "M" in "AMERICA". In 1995, there was a "DDO", but I cannot remember what mint it was from. some of the 1955(P), were "DDO" that can be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir, I appreciate the knowledge, I need to go through my jar of pennies again. Much appreciated

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread