Northern New Hampshire is barren

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife had a conference so I tagged along. Over 2 days I visited approx 30 banks from Conway to Berlin to St. Johnsberry Vt. Terrible results! Got a 1 40% in a teller tray at the 2nd bank I visited, thought well isnt this going to be a fun trip? Three roosies from the 3rd bank and I was pumped!! Then it all went down hill. Skunk, Dump, I'm sorry no coin for non-account holders, Dump, Skunk, Skunk, Dump, Skunk.....Approx $4000 in halves and dimes searched and I have 7 roosies/canadians and 2 40% to show for it.

To make matters worse, I was told by a few different branches that someone over the past 2-3 months has been coming in and buying up all the halves "to play poker" lol! Doesn't that coincide with the Doomsday Preppers episode?

I also visited several coin shops/pawn shows to try and buy. $45 for Eagles, 22x face for 90%, Morgans $36, CRAZY high prices. I found one guy in North Conway, a jewelry store downtown, that was selling 90% at spot + $1 which was fair. I passed on that but did buy a 10oz Engelhart bar for spot + $2! $260 and they are going for $325 online! Nice to add a bar like that to my collection.

The only thing that made all this worthwile was the resort we stayed at had complimentary loaner cars for guest use so I didnt put a single mile on my own vehicle or pay a cent out of pocket for gas! Tomorrow we return, got $2000 in coin to dump when I get home - no Penny Arcades up here - 5% surcharge on the only counters I saw.

Oh well, better luck next time!

And to any NH/VT CRH - there is about $2000 in halves floating around with a black X on the side of the roll - don't bother!!

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
well, they save so much money by not having to pay for car insurance, they put that money toward CRH'n. and if you've watched the news, they even tried to get rid of federal income tax last novemeber, but it fell by just a few votes short. dawg, if it wasnt so cold up there, and if'n they would have got income tax, i'd have moved up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread