All Treasure Hunting
recycle, or fire starting material.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pile them up in the street next to the garbage can so everyone in the neighborhood knows I have $3k in halves on my dining room table.

Not really - put them in a black garbage bag.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Burn or turn inside out to dump with. HH, Maverick.

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Break them down and put them at the bottom of my recycling bin. There's this nice guy in a giant truck that comes and takes them away every week.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too break them down and put them in my recycle bin and then put all rest of recyclables(newspaper and other boxes) on top

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they turn the can over, and dump it, all the stuff on the bottom is in plain view for the garbage man/woman to see. I'm just saying, they will figure it out eventually that you have 10K in boxes.

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are piled in my kitchen right now. Need to get rid of them

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
When they turn the can over, and dump it, all the stuff on the bottom is in plain view for the garbage man/woman to see. I'm just saying, they will figure it out eventually that you have 10K in boxes.

I didn't want to say anything, but yup, you're right, besides the fact that someone some where is seeing all those boxes and wrappers, just draws too much attention to the hobby and you. I recycle and do my part too, but not the boxes or wrappers, just not worth the attention it might bring somewhere down the line, and burning the boxes does way less damage to the environment than the truck coming to pick up your recycles. HH, Maverick.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I burn a lot - and I don't feel bad about it. Reminds me - I need a nice fire tonight!

BTW - caught a ling cod, and a king salmon this week. Our little boat did well!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't burn in my neighborhood otherwise I would-the truck that picks up, dumps it high ontop and the driver doesn't even get out- I'm sure maybe someone at the recycle center sees it all but not much I can do about it-

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't burn in my neighborhood otherwise I would-the truck that picks up, dumps it high ontop and the driver doesn't even get out- I'm sure maybe someone at the recycle center sees it all but not much I can do about it-

in that case, you are good. My guys dump it, and then hand sort in your driveway what needs to go in garbage. No secrets on my street.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever possible all boxes and roll paper gets put into a plastic bag and thrown out somewhere other than my house. I prefer that no one be able to figure out that I have huge amounts of coin and silver in my home.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Store all my keepers in them. I have that many. Jk i need to get rid of some too

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I dump them during recycling day only not on my block. I generally break them down, put them in a paper bag and then put some other paper recyclables on top that do not have any identifying information. So even if someone looked through it, they would have the wrong set of houses, and could not really connect to anyone specific.

BigMoses777

Apr 4, 2013
burn them in the backyard every friday night while sipping Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Same here but usually with a Tatiana Night Cap cigar. Too cold lately so I just douse the pile with "a little help" and she goes up quick and goes out quick too. ;)

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work in a Kennel with puppies and they love to tear the boxes apart! So I throw them in.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just keep them in my trunk until the week is over of dumping into coinlok bags. Then i drive by any random dumpster behind a business and toss them in.

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I burn a lot - and I don't feel bad about it. Reminds me - I need a nice fire tonight!

BTW - caught a ling cod, and a king salmon this week. Our little boat did well!

MMMMM... Spring salmon the bacon of the sea. They have the most fatty oils in them!
Ling Cod ain't bad either unless you over cook it.

As far as any excess empty boxes, I thought that was what the dumpster at work was supposed to be used for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread