My Stone Mountain half

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Here are the pics of my first SM half. Ever since I saw one on here I have wanted one. Being from the heart of the South and with all the history around..heck I even worked as a park ranger in Vicksburg..I have wanted one. I found this one last week during the best two week period I have ever had.

image_zpsbf0c230f.jpg

image_zps862f16f8.jpg

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin, I found one last week in a teller tray. That was a surprise. Mine has slightly better details, but somebody decided to clean the obverse. Yours is crusty and original. :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, this is a coin I have been waiting 4 years of half dollar searching for, thanks for sharing!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
What is the largest carved granite sculpture in the US? Hint: It isn't Mt. Rushmore.

Congrats on a classic. I recommend a visit if you are ever in the area. I scored some Stone Mountains recently, but this is about your score. I like the original surfaces of yours.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the largest carved granite sculpture in the US? Hint: It isn't Mt. Rushmore.

Congrats on a classic. I recommend a visit if you are ever in the area. I scored some Stone Mountains recently, but this is about your score. I like the original surfaces of yours.
Plural? Do tell!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread