My Last Set of Boxes

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, picked up the 10 that had still come in after I canceled all my orders. 4 from the first bank, all skunks. That put me at about a 15 box skunk streak. Thank the lord one of the next 6 boxes reminded me what it's like to find silver. 1944 walker, 1951 Ben, 5 40%ers and 1 40% 1976s (my fourth ever). also found a handful of clad bicentennials, too bad they weren't all silver! Now I am in the process of selling everything. This is a SFB liquidation event, not just my coins but everything I own that someone will pay for. Money is freedom, things are anchors. I'll still pick up the random 8 boxes here and there over the summer, it is an addiction after all. i need some major changes in my life, I've gone to college for 9 years and have my Ph.D and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a job or to break into the good old boys network no matter how hard you work. So, it's time to to turn all my assets into cash, quit my job and move to the sticks and wheel and deal for a living. At least that's one thing I'm thinking of, there are a few other routes too.

Upvote 0

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Wow! That's a serious life changer. I'm with you, though. I don't have the degree, but I feel the same as you. I so wish I could sell everything and considerably downsize. Best of luck to you.

BTW, where in the country are you located? Not your address, a state will do.

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, picked up the 10 that had still come in after I canceled all my orders. 4 from the first bank, all skunks. That put me at about a 15 box skunk streak. Thank the lord one of the next 6 boxes reminded me what it's like to find silver. 1944 walker, 1951 Ben, 5 40%ers and 1 40% 1976s (my fourth ever). also found a handful of clad bicentennials, too bad they weren't all silver! Now I am in the process of selling everything. This is a SFB liquidation event, not just my coins but everything I own that someone will pay for. Money is freedom, things are anchors. I'll still pick up the random 8 boxes here and there over the summer, it is an addiction after all. i need some major changes in my life, I've gone to college for 9 years and have my Ph.D and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a job or to break into the good old boys network no matter how hard you work. So, it's time to to turn all my assets into cash, quit my job and move to the sticks and wheel and deal for a living. At least that's one thing I'm thinking of, there are a few other routes too.

You only live once my friend. Godspeed on your future endeavors.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Chevy, guns, ammunition, food, farm house and my wife, if she behaves, is all that I would really need. Look out Smokey Mountains, here I come.

I share your dream brother.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey SFB, I totally get that, we figure we're going to give it a little bit longer ( maybe 10 more years) and then just kinda get away from civilization, in all honesty, I'm just tired of people that just don't get the " don't be a D-Bag" thing, it's not that dang hard. Anyway, best of luck in your future endeavors, don't forget to check in every now and then. HH, Maverick.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I hear you! I've been selling stuff all month on craig's list. Today it was a 4-track recorder that has been in storage for years...don't know why I held onto it for so long. Good luck with the liquidation.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Chevy, guns, ammunition, food, farm house and my wife, if she behaves, is all that I would really need. Look out Smokey Mountains, here I come.

I share your dream brother.

if she behaves, hahaha I tell mine that all the time! doesn't seem to work! Same here on that except my car is an early 80's toyota. can't kill the thing!

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SFB, I totally get that, we figure we're going to give it a little bit longer ( maybe 10 more years) and then just kinda get away from civilization, in all honesty, I'm just tired of people that just don't get the " don't be a D-Bag" thing, it's not that dang hard. Anyway, best of luck in your future endeavors, don't forget to check in every now and then. HH, Maverick.

Well put Maverick, well put. My neighbor has a 99% theory. It goes that 99% of people are D-bags hahaha. At first I disagreed with him and the longer I live the closer my perception of that percentage climbs to 99%. There's some great people on here including yourself, so I'll still be around and posting. HH

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you! I've been selling stuff all month on craig's list. Today it was a 4-track recorder that has been in storage for years...don't know why I held onto it for so long. Good luck with the liquidation.

Maine_Jim

That's funny I have an 8-track recorder I've been considering selling for 3 years now, still haven't done it. maybe this is a sign. I don't think I've ever completed 1 song on the thing, it's just as compilation of riffs and me trying to sing the Doors

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
That's funny I have an 8-track recorder I've been considering selling for 3 years now, still haven't done it. maybe this is a sign. I don't think I've ever completed 1 song on the thing, it's just as compilation of riffs and me trying to sing the Doors

When I sold the 4-track we opened it up first. It had been sitting so long that one of the belts was just a glob of rubber! Standard repair for the deck but as they get older equipment like this just wears itself out without use. I cut $20 off the price and the kid was happy. Sold an old drum machine the week before and an old Acoustic Research AR-1 speaker I picked up at the recycle center free pile for $850 on Monday! Google that speaker and your eyes will pop out of your head. I'm in the same mode - the stuff has gotta go...next up the 5000 old vinyl lps. Time to get the collection down to 1000. Getting rid of this stuff is a bit like CRH as it is finding treasure in other peoples trash.

Maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
You want vinyl...I got vinyl! Shoot me a PM about what you are looking for. I might have it.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread