Sneaky teller

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So dropped in a bank to get a box of dimes and ask for loose halves- as I asked I looked in the teller tray and saw about $3-4 dollars worth and I see what looks to be 2 silver rims- as the teller is grabbing for them she pushes her tray up outta site and counts them saying she has $2.50 worth(no way there was only 5) and hands them to me with out the 2 silver rims I saw- i asked if that was all that was in the bank and another teller chimed in with another $1.50 worth but my teller kept her mouth shut-
sneaky sneaky- you won this time ms teller....

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time pepper spray her and grab the halves slap the cash on the counter and run for the door!!

BuyMyTreasure

Apr 23, 2013
MI
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped to open a dump bank account today , manager was not there, asked teller for halves, she says she has $15 dollars worth, then asks if I collect coins, I answer yes, and with a big smile she says she scored a whole handful of steel wheaties just a few min ago (points to pile)

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I always say stop, I think I see something, you mind if I look at a few of those coins? 2 out of 3 times they offer the whole tray for me to look at.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always come back at her lunch time and say there was a teller with halves and ask if another teller can find them. Most likely won't work, but you never know.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time pepper spray her and grab the halves slap the cash on the counter and run for the door!!

Tim your response was the best I will use it next time for sure. Lol

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why you gotta keep a roll of Ikes with you. Make her take it to the head bro biscuit.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area there are so many coin counters the trays have very little cust. rolls!!

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call them out. I don't know why everyone here has a problem with that. You asked for halves. Not what she had minis 2.

333Demon333

Apr 27, 2013
I went to a bank ( where I had bought boxes of pennies before) and the teller asked me what I need them for. I was a noob, so I told her I was a collector. She wouldn't sell them to me, saying," these pennies are for the local businesses."

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can NEVER get my hands on loose halves, I always get the "oh, we just sold these 5 minutes ago" type of answers, and when I ask for paper customer rolls, that confuses the hell out of the tellers, they look at me like I have 3 heads and one eye..

hh

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Russell, that sure sucks when that happens. I cant understand why they would leave silver in plain sight if they plan on keeping it. A very bad teller indeed.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to a bank ( where I had bought boxes of pennies before) and the teller asked me what I need them for. I was a noob, so I told her I was a collector. She wouldn't sell them to me, saying," these pennies are for the local businesses."

That is what I would say too. I wouldn't lie about being a business, since they would probably want to try to find the business. At least you didn't say "I am looking for silver"!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Call them out. I don't know why everyone here has a problem with that. You asked for halves. Not what she had minis 2.

Because he already has a relationship with them. Call them out, and they might cut him off. Each person has to decide for himself whether getting a couple of silver halves is worth the risk of getting cut off.

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
You want silver? Sounds like its time to get out the silver spray paint for this teller.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want silver? Sounds like its time to get out the silver spray paint for this teller.

Noooooo I hate with a passion the silver spray painted clads

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread