Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
"You're not a licensed buyer"

I went in to make a car payment a Fifth Third bank, and rountinely asked for halves. I don't know the tellers well here, and have only been a customer for a few months.
"Sure, I have $11 worth!" and down the line, "I have a few also."
"Oops, I'm keeping this one!"

I innocently asked, "keeping what one?"
"This silver one", teller replies.

"What do you do with those?" I asked.

"We sell 'em!"

I told the tellers I would pay twice whatever they are getting, (from the local jeweler that pays about half melt.)

"No thanks, this guy is a licensed buyer."

Ok girls, here's your sign...:BangHead:

Upvote 0

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
A cracked up laughing after that! Haha I wonder how many years he had to go to school to get his license and the Silver buying degree! ;) hahaha

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
A cracked up laughing after that! Haha I wonder how many years he had to go to school to get his license and the Silver buying degree! ;) hahaha

Oh they put the time in, these guys are like the freakin SS of PM buyers. I have a group of them in my area who blitzkrieg my craigslist post (individual looking to buy silver at today's spot price, not over posted, correct category) just because I'll pay more than the abysmal price they will. Not surprised if they brainwashed the tellers at your bank, or have some sort of blackmail scheme going on.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh they put the time in, these guys are like the freakin SS of PM buyers. I have a group of them in my area who blitzkrieg my craigslist post (individual looking to buy silver at today's spot price, not over posted, correct category) just because I'll pay more than the abysmal price they will. Not surprised if they brainwashed the tellers at your bank, or have some sort of blackmail scheme going on.

I get the same thing. I offer a fair price for a roll of dimes ($100 when melt is about $102 in the past) and I would get mine deleted, being called a scammer and a rip off business.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's wild and wacky out there, folks.

nice Story!

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I went in to make a car payment a Fifth Third bank, and rountinely asked for halves. I don't know the tellers well here, and have only been a customer for a few months.
"Sure, I have $11 worth!" and down the line, "I have a few also."
"Oops, I'm keeping this one!"

I innocently asked, "keeping what one?"
"This silver one", teller replies.

"What do you do with those?" I asked.

"We sell 'em!"

I told the tellers I would pay twice whatever they are getting, (from the local jeweler that pays about half melt.)

"No thanks, this guy is a licensed buyer."

Ok girls, here's your sign...:BangHead:

Dawg fifth third is the worst bank you could see are 8ch at.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not a licensed seller, either. How about we just buy and sell, all unlicensed? Does that make you feel dirty? Are you a BADDDD girl? Let's throw inhibitions to the wind and sell me some SILVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!1!1!11!!11!one!221!!

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its not a branch I go to a lot I'd ask for her manager. Simply ask bank policy for tellers keeping coins. See where the rabbit hole leads.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you offered 2 times what he pays they said no. I think somethings up maybe a boyfriend or hubby or might even be for themselves.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was a teller and you better believe she set stuff aside for me. I tend to believe that almost everyone on here would love to have a wife or a husband in that position. The big difference in my wife was if someone came in that day and saw/asked for anything unusual she would happily hand it over. We both agreed on this. I can understand getting mad at a teller that tells you no even when you know they have it, but if I was a teller I would dang sure "Snipe". Wouldn't y'all?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? I own five vechicles, including one truck and two 2013's. I let my wife drive one lol. Two of my cars have the word "American" on them, straight from the factory.

I thought I remember you posting a new BMW or some other pretty decent ride. The color was dark grey/navy blue if I remember correctly.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude, you have a pond? nice cars.

I am proud of my half acre with 15 Douglas fir trees on my lot. I wish I had a pond though....

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Fist, your AMX is the creme of the crop there! Super Sweet! I remember you posting a while back you had one. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread