scored some ASE for spot +2

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Stopped in my LCS to see whats new. Was getting some silver fever. Scored 3 ASEs 1991,2010,2012 for spot plus 2. Paid 25ea. Not bad. Also scored a STONE MOUNTAIN HALF in id say an AU-50 for $5 in his foreign coin bin. Not sure he even new what it was. So not a bad day. Oh to keep this in the CRH thread I dumped 500 in loose dimes, nickels at my CU's penny arcade. Only got 2 silver rosies and a single war nickel. HH!

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice prices you got on the eagles and the half. Good buy.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped in my LCS to see whats new. Was getting some silver fever. Scored 3 ASEs 1991,2010,2012 for spot plus 2. Paid 25ea. Not bad. Also scored a STONE MOUNTAIN HALF in id say an AU-50 for $5 in his foreign coin bin. Not sure he even new what it was. So not a bad day. Oh to keep this in the CRH thread I dumped 500 in loose dimes, nickels at my CU's penny arcade. Only got 2 silver rosies and a single war nickel. HH!

He changed you $5 for a coin that was just collecting dust in a bin? Call me picky but if you want that kind of money for something you've got in your junk/foreign bucket, you'd better be more picky about what you set in there. At my LCS, the coins in those buckets are essentially worthless. They are simply for those who want the novelty of a foreign coin.

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
He changed you $5 for a coin that was just collecting dust in a bin? Call me picky but if you want that kind of money for something you've got in your junk/foreign bucket, you'd better be more picky about what you set in there. At my LCS, the coins in those buckets are essentially worthless. They are simply for those who want the novelty of a foreign coin.

Not understanding what your saying? I didn't get a good deal? Its 90% silver and its worth at-least $40 bucks if not more for only $5. plus it wasn't a foreign coin. Ill post pictures tomorrow.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU Stone Mountains are probably worth around $35-$40. Nice pickup.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, a stone mountain in any condition for $5 is one hell of a find, congrats!

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not understanding what your saying? I didn't get a good deal? Its 90% silver and its worth at-least $40 bucks if not more for only $5. plus it wasn't a foreign coin. Ill post pictures tomorrow.

Didn't know it was silver so that is a good deal. I thought you were saying you got some random US or foreign coin that was just sitting in a junk pile. Good pull. Is it rare or something, why's it with $40 and how did the shopowner let it go for so little?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man great price on the ASEs- wish I could get them for under $28

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Ok here are some pictures. WOW! not sure why they came out like this. HMM..... HH!

null_zps11278a75.jpg

null_zps89edf076.jpg

null_zps867a5660.jpg

null_zpsa6033153.jpg

null_zps61d88437.jpg

null_zps49cc2e71.jpg

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't know it was silver so that is a good deal. I thought you were saying you got some random US or foreign coin that was just sitting in a junk pile. Good pull. Is it rare or something, why's it with $40 and how did the shopowner let it go for so little?

It was made in 1925 and is fairly low mintage, hence the value. The shopowner probably didn't know what it was. I have gotten silver infrequently from those bins, and some valuable coins. Once, the owner saw the silver and told me "We get them from our supplier and don't look through them, so you may find a good one sometimes."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread