Best teller tray find ever

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Was dumping just now. Walked over to the counter and noticed the tellers tray had a complete silver row about halfway up the quarter slot. I figuredtheres no way he was going to sell me them as he probably didn't get a chance to buy them yet. To my amazement he says sure NP. I then notice to rims in the half slot. Ended with
2- bic silver proof halves
23-Washington quarters
2-dateless standing libertys

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130515_124851.png
    ForumRunner_20130515_124851.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was dumping just now. Walked over to the counter and noticed the tellers tray had a complete silver row about halfway up the quarter slot. I figuredtheres no way he was going to sell me them as he probably didn't get a chance to buy them yet. To my amazement he says sure NP. I then notice to rims in the half slot. Ended with
23-Washington quarters

:notworthy:Congrats on the great score. Any key dates on the Washington quarters? The tellers around where I am are getting smarter. They either keep their change in a drawer or underneath the front of the counter where you can't see them.

HH
Gary

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet teller tray score. Always good to see what you can see. Love those tellers that just hand it over.

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
:notworthy:Congrats on the great score. Any key dates on the Washington quarters? The tellers around where I am are getting smarter. They either keep their change in a drawer or underneath the front of the counter where you can't see them. HH Gary
Tellers may be onto us, but there is also rapid turnover.

UNIVBFan

Apr 2, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
23-Washington quarters

Awesome haul! Way to go man.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very nice score!!! I still have yet to find any silver quarters or dimes in a tellers tray

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have only gotten one silver coin, and that is a 1943 S war nickle, but it is so beat up, it should probably get scraped, but i am not, :) to cool to get rid of. GL HH CRH"S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread