working penny with all i got!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did 4 dumps at the penny arcades. I find more funny money and left over change some times its to good. On our 4th dump today In side by the bags I saw a silver dime and asked the guy if I could see it so he handed it to me so I put it in my pocket. Then they had some change on top and I saw a silver quarter I just picked it up and put it in my pocket. That on top of dumping $1500 it was a homerun.He then told me he finds silver sometimes so I told him I would buy it from him anytime. I think I have ? 40lbs of funny money now.:headbang:

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
We did 4 dumps at the penny arcades. I find more funny money and left over change some times its to good. On our 4th dump today In side by the bags I saw a silver dime and asked the guy if I could see it so he handed it to me so I put it in my pocket. Then they had some change on top and I saw a silver quarter I just picked it up and put it in my pocket. That on top of dumping $1500 it was a homerun.He then told me he finds silver sometimes so I told him I would buy it from him anytime. I think I have ? 40lbs of funny money now.:headbang:

Sell the "funny money" on eBay by pound, you should get about $7-$10 per pound. You may want to take pictures of some of the ones that are older, so that you don't pass up silver.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell the "funny money" on eBay by pound, you should get about $7-$10 per pound. You may want to take pictures of some of the ones that are older, so that you don't pass up silver.

Your right to an extent. Tim gets most of his funny money from the magnet; therefore, there's little to no chance of there being any silver in there since silver isn't magnetic. Also, 1 pound lots sell for roughly $5 a pound after eBay and PayPal fees... and there's the hassle of mailing it and such.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also, I know your an avid foreign coin collector and go off of the book value of foreign coins. From my experience dealing with foreign coins, a dealer will only pay $0.03 to $0.05 a coin, never the overpriced book value.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Your right to an extent. Tim gets most of his funny money from the magnet; therefore, there's little to no chance of there being any silver in there since silver isn't magnetic. Also, 1 pound lots sell for roughly $5 a pound after eBay and PayPal fees... and there's the hassle of mailing it and such.

I saw a silver one in the pictures he took, it was half sized, so it could have been in a roll. I do agree that dealers will only pay a few cents for common foreign.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
Tim, Sir, Penny is there to eat your dumps... your job is to feed it generously. From now on you must feed penny no less than 2K per stop. Make the tellers love you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread