Seriously??

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. So I know I'm not high volume but.... I go pick up my 6 boxes of halves at my new pick up bank. I'm talking with the head teller and asking her if its ok that I get 6 boxes per week....I tell her "I don't want to wear out my welcome." She says no problem....."I mean, its nothing compared to my nickle guy" I says whys that, she says, " well $4000.00 in nickles is a lot of nickles." I assured her I would never hit her with that big of an order. She says, "oh its no problem....he only orders once a month.....his largest order was $6000.00 in nickles." So my questions is.....is this guy crazy or do any of you all hit it like this a ONE pick up bank?

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its to much?? I try to do less and just do more banks. That works ? some times.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So she's telling you this guy is picking up 40-60 boxes of nickels at a time? I hope this guy has a dualie for some kind of heavy duty trailer for this pickups...

nroth1618

May 18, 2013
I don't think that that is crazy, he is just looking for silver or buffalo nickels. When I was younger, I come from a wealthy family, I would look through boxes and boxes of quarters looking for silver.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok. So I know I'm not high volume but.... I go pick up my 6 boxes of halves at my new pick up bank. I'm talking with the head teller and asking her if its ok that I get 6 boxes per week....I tell her "I don't want to wear out my welcome." She says no problem....."I mean, its nothing compared to my nickle guy" I says whys that, she says, " well $4000.00 in nickles is a lot of nickles." I assured her I would never hit her with that big of an order. She says, "oh its no problem....he only orders once a month.....his largest order was $6000.00 in nickles." So my questions is.....is this guy crazy or do any of you all hit it like this a ONE pick up bank?

$6,000 in nickels would weigh about 1,323 pounds...

I agree with Codes, I would hope he would have something big and sturdy to haul that much around...

- DS

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
So my questions is.....is this guy crazy or do any of you all hit it like this a ONE pick up bank?
I also came from a wealthy family when I was younger...they thought me crazy for ordering dozens of boxes of dimes at a time...
Nowadays, everyone's crazy!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap! a 40-box nickel order, not only is that a hell of a lot of weight, but how large is their vault?!?! this is insane.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that that is crazy, he is just looking for silver or buffalo nickels. When I was younger, I come from a wealthy family, I would look through boxes and boxes of quarters looking for silver.

You're preaching to the choir on what he could be searching for...

He could also be one of these hoarders that think they'll be able to melt nickels in the next decade.. Some billionaire in Texas bought one million dollars in nickels. (10,000 boxes)

OP
OP
U

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to see if I can figure out who this guy is...without asking. I don't want to ask for fear of her thinking I'm gonna try and rip him off. Man....think of that...some guy running down the street pushing a dolly full of nickel boxes trying to get away...hahaha but nowadays anything is possible! HH folks

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't get over the 40-box order, imagine how that dude's dump bank feels! :BangHead: odds are if he is getting 40 boxes from one bank, he'll drop off 40 boxes to another without spreading out his pickup banks or dump banks...
I'm going to see if I can figure out who this guy is...without asking. I don't want to ask for fear of her thinking I'm gonna try and rip him off. Man....think of that...some guy running down the street pushing a dolly full of nickel boxes trying to get away...hahaha but nowadays anything is possible! HH folks

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just can't get over the 40-box order, imagine how that dude's dump bank feels! :BangHead: odds are if he is getting 40 boxes from one bank, he'll drop off 40 boxes to another without spreading out his pickup banks or dump banks...

None of my banks would put up with that.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have $1 Mil at a bank then you could convince a bank to deal with that once a month. Banks lend out 10 times deposits.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have $1 Mil at a bank then you could convince a bank to deal with that once a month. Banks lend out 10 times deposits.

Oh. Well that leaves me out. Guess ill just stick with 1 or 2 boxes a week.

Dodeskaden

Dec 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine working in the bank on the day that shipment comes in or goes out. Moving 40 bricks for person. With a handtruck or without one, my back wouldn't appreciate that. That dude better tip really well. Even if he does, he's encouraging that bank to start charging fees for boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread