Dimes dont suck

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes don't suck

At least you find them in rolls here and there. Found this while looking through 5 CWRs today. I mainly search halves, and do not rely on edge checking for those, but I edge check dimes and it goes pretty quickly.

Attachments

• image-1379227126.jpg
    image-1379227126.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm... better than I have done my last 8 boxes... the 9th box finally gave me 2 1959p dimes in the same roll.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah.... scored 30 in a roll a few days back. Picked up $300 CWR & $200 MWR to tide me over until I pick up my half boxes tomorrow. 8 box skunk streak there, about to be 9... lol.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
At least you find them in rolls here and there. Found this while looking through 5 CWRs today. I mainly search halves, and do not rely on edge checking for those, but I edge check dimes and it goes pretty quickly.

Fiddy sayz it once and em gonna say it again, dimes will make you lose money overall especially at these low AG prices. Halves might be ur best bet if you wanna break even

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I said long ago (lol) "Dimes is hard"... however, dimes seem to produce much, much more than halves lately. Not counting the "30 in a roll", I usually average 2 dimes per $500... not a lot of Ag, but dependable. Still waiting for a decent half box; my best box to date is 10 40%'ers, and that was last year. Finding silver halves is the sexy part of CRH. Dimes are small (thanks, Captain Obvious!) but still produce, it least in my area. If dimes suck, halves suck harder.

Dimes are drama free. No need to worry about box orders. Any bank has them. Questioned about them? "I'm my business rep for the March of Dimes" usually works, lol. Can usually pick up at least a box, or two, without a hassle from merchant tellers. If I'm looking for CWR (why does CRW seem right to me?) I'll hit ANY bank for a tray of $100, or $150.00. Heck, getting change from a store? "Hey man, can I get that in dimes?" Try asking for half dollars in change, lol.

My last quest to get halves (CWR, or whatever) sent me to 7 banks and netted me 1 CWR and 4 loose halves. 12 bucks, all clad, of course. The hope is "Yes, some old man just turned in 14 rolls marked "1958", let me get them for you..." The reality is in my area, tellers don't have them, are saving them for someone else, or just too lazy to check. Whatever the reason, driving around looking for them is a waste. Last time I set my jaw and said, "I'm going for it!" I drove to 11 banks and got around $35.00 total, all clad. Just not worth it. 1 good score would change my opinion, of course...

I CRH while I "work" at my desk. Productivity is not an issue. I'm cool, as long as I don't drop coin, lol. Don't ask. Halves are much easier to edge / date check at work. With dimes I have to edge check, then set aside questionable ones to look under a loupe later. Obvious silver stands out, of course. Since time isn't an issue with me, I'd rather come home with a dime or 2 or 3, than nothing at all. Still ordering boxes of halves. My expectation is to process them, chalk up another skunk box, and hit dimes hard between orders.

What was this thread about...? Sorry, lack of coffee. :coffee2:

Last edited:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I said long ago (lol) "Dimes is hard"... however, dimes seem to produce much, much more than halves lately. Not counting the "30 in a roll", I usually average 2 dimes per $500... not a lot of Ag, but dependable. Still waiting for a decent half box; my best box to date is 10 40%'ers, and that was last year. Finding silver halves is the sexy part of CRH. Dimes are small (thanks, Captain Obvious!) but still produce, it least in my area. If dimes suck, halves suck harder.

Dimes are drama free. No need to worry about box orders. Any bank has them. Questioned about them? "I'm my business rep for the March of Dimes" usually works, lol. Can usually pick up at least a box, or two, without a hassle from merchant tellers. If I'm looking for CWR (why does CRW seem right to me?) I'll hit ANY bank for a tray of $100, or $150.00. Heck, getting change from a store? "Hey man, can I get that in dimes?" Try asking for half dollars in change, lol.

My last quest to get halves (CWR, or whatever) sent me to 7 banks and netted me 1 CWR and 4 loose halves. 12 bucks, all clad, of course. The hope is "Yes, some old man just turned in 14 rolls marked "1958", let me get them for you..." The reality is in my area, tellers don't have them, are saving them for someone else, or just too lazy to check. Whatever the reason, driving around looking for them is a waste. Last time I set my jaw and said, "I'm going for it!" I drove to 11 banks and got around $35.00 total, all clad. Just not worth it. 1 good score would change my opinion, of course...

I CRH while I "work" at my desk. Productivity is not an issue. I'm cool, as long as I don't drop coin, lol. Don't ask. Halves are much easier to edge / date check at work. With dimes I have to edge check, then set aside questionable ones to look under a loupe later. Obvious silver stands out, of course. Since time isn't an issue with me, I'd rather come home with a dime or 2 or 3, than nothing at all. Still ordering boxes of halves. My expectation is to process them, chalk up another skunk box, and hit dimes hard between orders.

What was this thread about...? Sorry, lack of coffee. :coffee2:

there's too much blood in your caffiene system, have a cup of coffee, and please make a new post.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do a box once in a blue moon, but I can't justify spending hardcore time on them when a dime is currently $1.61. I average 2 per box, so that's 5 boxes of dimes to make $16. If I was doing 5 dime boxes a week, that would take up a huge amount of time for a profit of $80. Of course, if you could have easy pickup and dumps each week, for example 1 5 box pickup and 1 5 box dump a day, it would be a great way to make a few extra bucks when you are down. When I was in college if this was easy I'da done it. Problem is for me to dump 25 boxes a week i'd be running all over the place and jamming up coin machines left and right. Plus I still haven't found one freaking barber! been through a lot of boxes in the past, that's for sure. they are fun! so if you enjoy it go through a bunch of 'em!

Last edited:

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fiddy sayz it once and em gonna say it again, dimes will make you lose money overall especially at these low AG prices. Halves might be ur best bet if you wanna break even

I would argue that it depends on how your network is set up and what your volume is. I personally do not search dimes often, but if I did, dumping them would be a breeze and require far less driving and much fewer bank visits. I can easily dump 1.5k in dimes in one branch and maybe have to call someone over for a bag change once. The machines have 4 $500 dollar bags designated for dimes. They count much faster, never jam up the machines and also a breeze to edge search. For me I could do 3-4k dime dumps all within less than a mile of driving, so as long as they produce silver consistently as they have and do for many of the members here, it is pretty well worth it if your goal is to stack silver. The current spot price only impacts anything if you intend on selling in the near term, sure it can continue to slide and go sub-20 and who knows how long it will take to recover, but for silver stacking purposes, it is nearly irrelevant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread