Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at my dump bank today and asked if they had any big dollar coins. The teller said "We just got a whole bunch! This old lady just brought 'em all in!" I was like "Do you know if this lady is a coin collector?" "Oh, she's definitely not! She just had 'em for some reason and wanted to get rid of them." Vault manager walks up "Here you go: 100 coins. I didn't get a chance to look through them so I can't tell you if there's anything good or not, but they're all ikes. We didn't have rolls for them, so we had to improvise." (He doesn't collect coins btw)

So here's what I came home with. I won't be able to go through these until tonight, but I'm hoping for something good!

100 IKES.jpg

Upvote 0

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score on the Ikes. I bet at least one of them is a 40%er.

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't wait man. I recently posted that my stepdad remembered he had 134 Ikes from his Coinstar work days. It's a rush when you go through them. Big. Heavy. Silver. I got two Peace and 8 40% Ikes.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40% silver ikes and silver morgans are always nice but i also would keep an eye out for the 72 Type 2s and 71-D FEVs.......

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. If you don't find silver in the Ike's, you can ebay them and make 10-20 bucks.
Hope you score!

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still new to this, what does IKE mean?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the president of the us known as "ike" as in-- his running for office motto --- I like Ike --a former 5 star general --he lead the us forces during WW2 on d day . *

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wait a second .....Old Lady.......Bank?!?!?!??!?!?! Anyone think this might be the wife of the infamous "Old Man", you know.... the one that's always "one step ahead of us"? he picks up the good stuff, and his wife does the dirty work of dumping. Perfect team

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Wait a second .....Old Lady.......Bank?!?!?!??!?!?! Anyone think this might be the wife of the infamous "Old Man", you know.... the one that's always "one step ahead of us"? he picks up the good stuff, and his wife does the dirty work of dumping. Perfect team

Homie it's the perfect plan. Ain't no tellas gonna suspect an innocent old lady doing dirty work. Woman is probably stealin' guroladys coin star finds as we speak.

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude - we're anxiously waiting to see what's in those lunch bags of Ikes!!! I've still got to go thru my 135 and post any varieties.

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I went through them at about 1AM this morning. They are, in fact, 100 IKES. No Silver! Kind of a bummer. I'll have to go through and check for varieties today. Maybe this is the wife of the "Old Man" after all. HH Sleepy

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up sixty five Ikes from my bank last week. Nuttin' but clad. They were fun to play with them until I dumped them.

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Last time I came across a horde like that- the teller said- "oh they were mine- there's no silver..."
Took them anyway- had 2 72 type 2s, and 2 more that would probably grade 65 or better...

Bound to be a goodie in there-! Good Luck

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is looking for the silver and im happy about it because it leaves all the clads for me.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread