rainbow cents from double mint sets and individual cents from shotgun rolls.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Butt Ugly IMO

Your entitled to your opinion but it is a highly regarded set and i particularly like it because of the elevation chromatics in the toning on his examples......

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think I'll ever understand coin grading. I went to the photograde page and checked out the lincoln cents. I can'te really see a difference between an MS61 and an MS 64 (other than the color). It is just too subtle for me. I've come up with my own 3 grades: Great, OK (I can't believe they already use "good"), and ugly.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't think I'll ever understand coin grading. I went to the photograde page and checked out the lincoln cents. I can'te really see a difference between an MS61 and an MS 64 (other than the color). It is just too subtle for me. I've come up with my own 3 grades: Great, OK (I can't believe they already use "good"), and ugly.

Because coin grading is subjective and if you really begin to look at large volumes of slabbed coins you really get the impression that TPG's really are hit or miss. If you want a stand out slabbed collection of TPG graded coins you really need to develope your own grading standards and cherry pick the most eye appealing coins from already slabbed coins. Some people actually make alot of money searching already TPG slabbed coins for upgrades and miss attributed varieties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread