Another very cool day for me

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
So I stopped on the way home at a local, routine stop and picked up $28.50 in CWR ($10 Q, $5 D, $10 N, $3.5 P). When I got out to the truck I noticed one of the penny rolls was 1/2 an inch shorter than the others. Got home and the quarters, dimes and nickels were all skunks, no keepers. The 7-year old opened the short penny roll and it held exactly 50 clad dimes. Not too bad there. The 5 year old pulled a '56-D out out of his roll. I opened a roll and found a '56, then I saw a wreath staring back at me. The kids flipped it over and revealed the 'ole indian and a 1902 date. It's beat up pretty bad but my first indian. I'm pretty excited about it. Way back when I started this a couple of months I couldn't see the logic in searching nickels or pennies but I have to admit it's pretty fun, you can always find them and dump them and the kids have a blast with it. I'd still rather have a stack of halves to go through but any day I pick up $20-50 worth of pennies and nickels and entertain the family for a while.

So far I'm $397.00 into pennies with 161 wheaties, 1 indian, 1 proof (2000 something), 54 dimes, and two stamped cents, one with Kennedy and the other with a Mason's symbol.

I'm $470 into nickels with 2 war nickels, 3 buffalo's, 1 proof ('59), and 2 2009-P's. Also found 29 pre-war Jeff's which I track but don't keep and 5-6 older AU-BU Jeff's which I have kept.

Thanks for taking a read.

Upvote 0

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to see you spending the time with the kids doing your CRH. I have A 15 (almost 16) year old daughter I CRH with. I have her complete attention for hours...I know a lot of dads that can't figure out how to do the same. Happy Hunting.....the kids will be talking about it 70 years from now with their grandchildren!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Thanks Ben. First thing they ask me when I get home "Daddy, did you get any pennies today?" They're having a blast, the wife's having a blast, I'm having a blast. I'm hoping the kids hang in there as long as yours have. Congrats.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Picked up $20 in Nickels and $10 in Pennies at lunch. Found 4 wheaties and the 5 year old found a 193X Buffalo, his 2nd Buff. Once again, this is pretty fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread