May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
This morning I stopped by my personal bank branch (the one I do my primary non-CRH banking at) and dumped about $45 in assorted change into the counter. The bag hit its limit so the teller had to come over and switch it out.

When she opened up the machine there were coins all over the floor underneath the bag carousel (or whatever it's called). At first I thought they were mine that missed the bag once it was declared full. She told me that they're foreign coins and the machine is supposed to spit those out into the reject tray. One of the bags was blocking the reject chute but I wasn't going to tell her that.

She grabs some off the floor and hands them to me to see. She then starts to close up the machine and I'm like "there's still a lot down there, what about the rest of them?" She asks me if I want them and I said "sure, I'll give them to the kids" (I don't have any kids of my own but always use my nephews as an excuse). She scoops up a bunch more and hands them to me before shutting the door, leaving quite a few still on the floor under the machine.

My "freebies"?....

CANADA - 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 pennies
INDIA - 1 Rupee
CAYMAN ISLANDS - 1 quarter, 1 dime
BAHAMA ISLANDS - 1 quarter (1966 = 100% nickel)
EURO - 2 five-cents
ARUBA - 1 quarter
1 penny from with no identifying nationality (copper-colored w/ QEII D.G REG . FD on the obverse)
1 severely corroded coin.

I took some eyeglass cleaner and some rough napkins and scrubbed away until I could identify what that corroded coin was. Much to my surprise, it was a 1943-D STEEL LINCOLN!!!

I also picked up 8 rolls of Strunk-wrapped dimes from the teller and got a 1964 Rosie in my first roll (though nothing in the next 7). Still, this has to be one of my most profitable days yet. 8-)

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how I got over 40lbs

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Outstanding - talk about being in the right place at the right time DaytonaRacer.

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I also love them on those occasions that they count more coins than you had. However, today was $20 low.:dontknow:

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 3rd most profitable day was today. Got an extra $26.xx added to what I dumped. 1st was $60.xx added to a dump. 3rd was 2 reject tubes FULL of coins, some being silver. It was something like $30 in silver. Quarters, dimes, a war nickel, and Canadian silver.

OP
OP
DaytonaRacer

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
My 3rd most profitable day was today. Got an extra $26.xx added to what I dumped. 1st was $60.xx added to a dump. 3rd was 2 reject tubes FULL of coins, some being silver. It was something like $30 in silver. Quarters, dimes, a war nickel, and Canadian silver.

NIIIICE...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread