Helping out your dump bank ( for the rerollers)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, I have been meaning to post about this for some time but haven't really had the time. Ok, so I have been trying to make it as easy as possible for my dump banks since I have to reroll here for a little while longer before going back to the bags, some banks don't unroll their halves when you turn them in ( surprize surprize) so this will not work for them but, if you have a bank that you are turning in your halves to that does have to unwrap them, then this will help them out greatly. I brought some rolls in like this to show some of my vault tellers and see if it would be easier for them since they HATE unrolling halves and bagging them up. Now they have said this is easier for them since they can just dump out the coins in the bags in half the time now, everyone is happy. You can still take them out of the roll and put them back in, Don't tape the rolls back up or it will defeat the purpose of this, again, this will only benefit the branches you deal with that have to unroll the halves, if you have a branch that doesn't unroll them, they will not like this.

I just slit the side and pull the tear back enough that I can get the coins out and put them back in with ease and leave the roll opened, it takes longer to unroll the CWR's and hurts their fingers so this is way easier for them. Ask them about this before you do it though, don't just show up with them like this without asking. hope this helps out some people, it has worked out great for me.

Attachments

• DSCN6329.JPG
    DSCN6329.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN6330.JPG
    DSCN6330.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN6331.JPG
    DSCN6331.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some banks "hate" when you bring them to them, and they are short quite frequently so if some idiot dumps $2000 of these boxes off at a potential CWR bank, I get them, need to worry about them potentially being short, and potentially ruin my reputation with another bank whenever I dump them off in the same wrapper. Worse, some banks send them to Loomis, Garda, Brinks, and since they are in the original wrapper they frequently negate to separate them. A way to hurt the hobby not help it. This helps tellers not CRH'ers.

Again, this is the curriers lazyness, not the crh. The wrapping paper means nothing if the gift inside is worthless.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav, This is exactly what I do for one of my Bank chains. Easier on everyone involved (me and the tellers). Say I was to "buy them all" and opened up that box I would honestly be happy to know that it wasnt worth wasting the time to check them and instead just bring them to the next dump bank. The rewrapped dumps drive me nuts. Waste of time!

Yes, none of the banks I bring these torn open rolls to could even give these to customers, if people looked at the picture really well they could see that the rolls are torn open so far that the coins will fall out if you are not careful taking the rolls out, if you even shake the box to hard the will spill everywhere ( had it happen once allready) and there is no way some teller is going to sit there and try and tape all those rolls back up, but again, I only take them like this to the branches that I have allready worked this out with for faster bagging for them, if they were trying to send them back like this it would never work. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Some banks "hate" when you bring them to them, and they are short quite frequently so if some idiot dumps $2000 of these boxes off at a potential CWR bank, I get them, need to worry about them potentially being short, and potentially ruin my reputation with another bank whenever I dump them off in the same wrapper. Worse, some banks send them to Loomis, Garda, Brinks, and since they are in the original wrapper they frequently negate to separate them. A way to hurt the hobby not help it. This helps tellers not CRH'ers.

I tried to fight the rewrap battle a long time back, people are going to do it, nothing you can do about it, I have tried everything to keep my dumps from getting sent back out in the past( spray painted the rolls and boxes) only to go to the next bank and get someone elses repacked dumps, I get repacks on a regular basis here( not mine) but it is not so out of the ordinary, it happens, it's going to keep happening, who ever does it around me is not going to stop apparently because I still get them every week or 2 and will probably get one this week ( think I'm due for one by now), it's a useless fight I allready figured out, besides, I can search way more volume this way and not have to wait for my bags to credit to my account, I use to do the bags ( can't right now but will again in the next few months) they were great, but I couldn't search as much waiting for my funds to be crdited back to me. Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav.. You are arguing with someone who has admitted to lying and sabotaging another hunter simply for his own gain.. Don't wAste your time with 50cent.. I on the otherhand appreciate the post buddy... I will try this with the banks that I know dump my rolls into a bag before sending them out.. I bet they will really appreciate it.. Hope all is well pal.. I will be I touch soon..

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav.. You are arguing with someone who has admitted to lying and sabotaging another hunter simply for his own gain.. Don't wAste your time with 50cent.. I on the otherhand appreciate the post buddy... I will try this with the banks that I know dump my rolls into a bag before sending them out.. I bet they will really appreciate it.. Hope all is well pal.. I will be I touch soon..

Hey! I have been just crazy busy, I have been wondering how you have been, PM me sometime and let me know how you are doing. HH, Maverick.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Not really.. You guys are missing the point, I can't believe that it was just skipped over that I said IF YOU KNOW YOUR BANK UNROLLS THE ROLLS, and clearly said this will piss the banks off if they don't unroll their rolls so don't do this before you talk to them, sheesh.

I didn't miss or skip over anything. Go back and reread the parts I highlighted.

"I was so furious this one time, I told them I was shorted because of a guy doing this, just so he wouldnt be able to dump."
"This just steps on peoples toes and ruins the CWR hunting for people like me."
"In your case this is acceptable, because the tellers "bag" them for you."
"Most banks, these re-used rolls would sit around in the vault until some unsuspecting CRH'er picks them up."

50 obviously acknowledged that your bank unrolls the rolls, and for you this action is appropriate. However, I susect you've given ideas to the plethora of new members whose banks don't unwrap rolls, and who merely give them out again. This is a huge PITA for many of us. While I have never told a teller I was shorted when i wasn't, I've come awfully close to doing so, because often I really am shorted by rerolls.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't miss or skip over anything. Go back and reread the parts I highlighted.

"I was so furious this one time, I told them I was shorted because of a guy doing this, just so he wouldnt be able to dump."
"This just steps on peoples toes and ruins the CWR hunting for people like me."
"In your case this is acceptable, because the tellers "bag" them for you."
"Most banks, these re-used rolls would sit around in the vault until some unsuspecting CRH'er picks them up."

50 obviously acknowledged that your bank unrolls the rolls, and for you this action is appropriate. However, I susect you've given ideas to the plethora of new members whose banks don't unwrap rolls, and who merely give them out again. This is a huge PITA for many of us. While I have never told a teller I was shorted when i wasn't, I've come awfully close to doing so, because often I really am shorted by rerolls.

Yes, I see the 1 sentence that pertained to my topic in 50's entire paragraph, he took this thread an entirely different way then it should have went, this wasn't meant to be a negative thread for people to read, it was suppose to be a positive thread to help people out who are allready established at this hobby, I know this is a mixed opinion subject and forever will be, but what I showed and explained has nothing to do with the way 50 is turning it, I doubt that he has ever received rolls that were completely torn open that were just splilling all over the box, which is exactly what would happen if a teller carried these to the vault and then decided to bring them out to a customer, I believe he is talking about just recieving reused CWR's. Also, if anyone were to walk into their bank with their rolls cut open almost in half like these, the bank would refuse them and tell them they can't accept broken open rolls like these, so again, I think the real point of the thread just got over shadowed with the first negative response that really didn't pertain to the way I showed these rolls, I get that he is talking about just reusing the MWR's and folding the end over, but I am not showing nor talking about that, this is totally different. It's just everyone's different opinion and that is fine:occasion14:. HH, Maverick

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I believe 50's concern is the same one I have - that people without ethics or experience will use this method or a similar one at banks we freuent. I was personally appalled at seeing the pictures, for that very reason. Still, I remember your long struggle with trying to stop your dump banks from repacking your dmps, so I don't blame you; I ust fear people here will take advantage of the idea.

Sorry if my typing is worse than usual. I spilled beer on my computer this weekend, and several keys don't work anymore. I have to copy and paste every time I use the letters p, t, or u, and I probably missed a few. Amazing how many words use one of those three letters...

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe 50's concern is the same one I have - that people without ethics or experience will use this method or a similar one at banks we freuent. I was personally appalled at seeing the pictures, for that very reason. Still, I remember your long struggle with trying to stop your dump banks from repacking your dmps, so I don't blame you; I ust fear people here will take advantage of the idea.

Sorry if my typing is worse than usual. I spilled beer on my computer this weekend, and several keys don't work anymore. I have to copy and paste every time I use the letters p, t, or u, and I probably missed a few. Amazing how many words use one of those three letters...

That's why I said doing this in my area will get you cut. There is a dude who makes the rounds picking up from banks, going to his car, slitting open the rolls and then returning them to the same bank. He's known as the stroller guy cause that's how he transports them.
He has ruined three pickup banks for me.

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Not if you talk to and are friendly with your dump banks, communication is the key. How do you know you'll get cut off, have you asked them about this, do you know what they do with your dump coins? You said in your other post that you use coin machines and were getting cut off and are going to start to have to reroll your dumps now, I actually thought this might help you out Notorious. Maybe ask them what they want before dismissing my idea, if they do send out all your dumps, then this is easier on you and them. Maverick.

I'm very accommodating to my banks, but not a single one that I frequent would look kindly upon this practice. I'm glad that you too are trying to keep the CRH game civil and easy for the bank staff.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I agree, it could be misconstrude (spelling) and the pics were a little unnerving to look at becuase we all hate getting repacked dumps ( and I've posted plenty of mine on here we all know) was just hoping for more of a positive response, oh well, not every thread can be a winner, lol. Hopefully my next thread will be my great finds this week.... HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm very accommodating to my banks, but not a single one that I frequent would look kindly upon this practice. I'm glad that you too are trying to keep the CRH game civil and easy for the bank staff.

I try to make them as happy as possible, it is the only way I'm going to get to keep doing this, maybe after you have done this for a while and feel your banks out on what they do, you can slide this idea in on them, it is def not for everyone, I kinda found this out by talking with a newer teller one day who just did her nails ( some fancy thing she had done) and looked at me with my 2 boxes of CWR halves and said " Uh, I just had my nails done and now I've to open all these rolls, how long are going to keep searching coins?" So I figured I had better come up with a better way for them to break them open, so I went in one day with my 2 boxes of dumps and brought one of these rolls in the box to show her, when she saw it she said that was a great idea, the next week I brought 2 boxes to her like this and she brought the bags over and did a few right infront of me real qwik and said it was much easier and that was better for her, no more nail problems for her and easier dumping for me, so I just did the same thing to a few other branches that have to unroll them and they all said it was great ( because they unroll them) it sounds like in your area that the tellers keep dumps to hand out to customers so this wouldn't work in your area, mine allready know I'm going to be back next week with more coins so there is no sense in keeping my dumps or they would stack up fast in their vault. HH, maverick.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think this would be beneficial. As someone that has gotten more than his fair share of repacked dumps, I love that it makes it almost impossible to repack them. As long as they are going to a bank that bags them and send them off, I don't get the problem.

What I don't understand is why it has been impossible for me to find any banks that will let me deposit in bags and get credited later. Every bank I've talked to looks at me like I'm crazy.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think this would be beneficial. As someone that has gotten more than his fair share of repacked dumps, I love that it makes it almost impossible to repack them. As long as they are going to a bank that bags them and send them off, I don't get the problem.

What I don't understand is why it has been impossible for me to find any banks that will let me deposit in bags and get credited later. Every bank I've talked to looks at me like I'm crazy.

I have asked mine too, allways a no, it is just their policy I'm told, I think the people that get to do that are dealing with a smaller bank like a CU or something like that. By the way, look what I just got home with, yup, 3 repacks:BangHead:, should I be less mad because at least they are in CWR's and not MWR's, lol. Oh well. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6332.JPG
    DSCN6332.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN6333.JPG
    DSCN6333.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN6334.JPG
    DSCN6334.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 70

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Mav. Those really are the worst. Do you check them, or not bother? On the plus side it is easy to rewrap if you need to when they use those brown rolls. j/k. I've actually never gotten a roll in a brown wrapper, but I don't really ask for CWRs. Too many sniping tellers to be worth the trouble. I'm sure I've missed some finds as a result, but dump banks are my limiting factor.

What are the stamps on top? Are those supposed to indicate some sort of quality control check?

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Mav. Those really are the worst. Do you check them, or not bother? On the plus side it is easy to rewrap if you need to when they use those brown rolls. j/k. I've actually never gotten a roll in a brown wrapper, but I don't really ask for CWRs. Too many sniping tellers to be worth the trouble. I'm sure I've missed some finds as a result, but dump banks are my limiting factor.

What are the stamps on top? Are those supposed to indicate some sort of quality control check?

Nah, I'm not going through all those, I have never found anything in dumps, I peaked at a few in each box but nothing.
The stamp on top the boxes are the branches stamp that the person turned the boxes in to, Dated May 29th 2013, qwik turn around huh, and where they turned them in at is well over an hour away from too.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rescind my earlier negative comment to this thread. I had just read the thread after getting a repack dump box and was mad and worried it was short. I dumped it today into a counter and it was actually $.50 over, so I'm ok with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions