Helping out your dump bank ( for the rerollers)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, I have been meaning to post about this for some time but haven't really had the time. Ok, so I have been trying to make it as easy as possible for my dump banks since I have to reroll here for a little while longer before going back to the bags, some banks don't unroll their halves when you turn them in ( surprize surprize) so this will not work for them but, if you have a bank that you are turning in your halves to that does have to unwrap them, then this will help them out greatly. I brought some rolls in like this to show some of my vault tellers and see if it would be easier for them since they HATE unrolling halves and bagging them up. Now they have said this is easier for them since they can just dump out the coins in the bags in half the time now, everyone is happy. You can still take them out of the roll and put them back in, Don't tape the rolls back up or it will defeat the purpose of this, again, this will only benefit the branches you deal with that have to unroll the halves, if you have a branch that doesn't unroll them, they will not like this.

I just slit the side and pull the tear back enough that I can get the coins out and put them back in with ease and leave the roll opened, it takes longer to unroll the CWR's and hurts their fingers so this is way easier for them. Ask them about this before you do it though, don't just show up with them like this without asking. hope this helps out some people, it has worked out great for me.

Attachments

• DSCN6329.JPG
    DSCN6329.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN6330.JPG
    DSCN6330.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN6331.JPG
    DSCN6331.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll get yourself cut if you try to pull that in my area. Good for you on trying to help out the tellers that have to bag up the coins. :thumbsup:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, and have people pick them up when they ask for half dollars. This will be sure to piss off any serious coin roll hunter in your area. I always "buy-them-all", and this has happened to me more than a few times on occasion. I was so furious this one time, I told them I was shorted because of a guy doing this, just so he wouldnt be able to dump. There are coin counters, AND Coinlok bags for a reason, it makes the hobby alot better and more friendlier to others. This just steps on peoples toes and ruins the CWR hunting for people like me. I've done some pretty rude things in dealing with tellers, but I'd NEVER do this.

In your case this is acceptable, because the tellers "bag" them for you. But most people should look into either a bank with a coin counter or a Coinlok bag for volume dumps. Most banks, these re-used rolls would sit around in the vault until some unsuspecting CRH'er picks them up.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Yeah, and have people pick them up when they ask for half dollars. This will be sure to piss off any serious coin roll hunter in your area. I always "buy-them-all", and this has happened to me more than a few times on occasion. I was so furious this one time, I told them I was shorted because of a guy doing this, just so he wouldnt be able to dump. There are coin counters, AND Coinlok bags for a reason, it makes the hobby alot better and more friendlier to others. This just steps on peoples toes and ruins the CWR hunting for people like me. I've done some pretty rude things in dealing with tellers, but I'd NEVER do this.

In your case this is acceptable, because the tellers "bag" them for you. But most people should look into either a bank with a coin counter or a Coinlok bag for volume dumps. Most banks, these re-used rolls would sit around in the vault until some unsuspecting CRH'er picks them up.

Great response!

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm lucky enough to have a teller who credits my account immediately when I drop off up to $2,000 in halves in 2 CoinLok bags. Though, it took a while with lots of relationship building and Pavlovian treats. Now they see me and know they're getting treats and 2 x $1,000 bags that are always precise. Used to reroll, which SUCKED.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As someone that just picked up a $500 rerolled dump today, I'm not a huge fan of this idea. I know some areas don't have coinlock bags and coin counters, but where I am virtually every bank has a coin counter. There is literally no reason to dump coins in the same rolls and boxes that you got them in around here. I was incredulous when I got back to my car with them. Now I get to play the unlucky lottery and see if the silver/keepers were replaced before dumping.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't know how you think this is being rude to the tellers, if you think this then you are missing the whole point of this thread. I have been dealing with my banks for well over a year now and they love this, they allready know what I do and don't save any of my rolls for other customers, my dumps go straight to coin lock bags and sent off ( maybe reread my post), not everyone has coin counters in their area ( like me) and some people can't use bags at this point ( like me again) so if you have a good relationship with your dump banks ( like me) and talk with them about how to make things easier for them this is a way to go. I only do this with a few branches that I bring in 4 boxes to every week and they love it, they use to have to unroll them and it was a pain for them, now when I bring them in like this it takes them 2 seconds to just flip them in a bag and be done with it. I was making the sugestion to THOSE WHO KNOW THEY UN WRAP THE ROLLS AT THE BANK, not for everyone to just show up at their bank with rolls like these and I clearly stated not to do this and just tape the side back up because it totally defeats the purpose of doing this, AND I HATE IT when people do that. You are not the only one who buys them all either, I do the same and can't tell you how many times I have walked out of the bank with 1 or 2 boxes of someone elses dumps, it's part of the hobby, deal with it! I was merely making a sugestion for those who have no other choice but to reroll. I'm not even going to keep going on, those of you who know me on here I think get it, those of you who don't, oh well. I get bashed for trying to help, this is another reason I've slowed my posts down on here.

I also remember when you lied about someone shorting you boxes because you were pissed about picking up someones dumps, not cool 50, sorry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great response!

Not really.. You guys are missing the point, I can't believe that it was just skipped over that I said IF YOU KNOW YOUR BANK UNROLLS THE ROLLS, and clearly said this will piss the banks off if they don't unroll their rolls so don't do this before you talk to them, sheesh.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
As someone that just picked up a $500 rerolled dump today, I'm not a huge fan of this idea. I know some areas don't have coinlock bags and coin counters, but where I am virtually every bank has a coin counter. There is literally no reason to dump coins in the same rolls and boxes that you got them in around here. I was incredulous when I got back to my car with them. Now I get to play the unlucky lottery and see if the silver/keepers were replaced before dumping.

Again, if you know your bank unrolls the coins...., it is stupid for me to buy wrappers for certain branches that literaly come out with the bags to bag them up with right in front of me while I'm standing there at the counter exchanging my coins. Where I am there are no coin counters, you guys that have them consider your selves lucky. I have picked up more repacked dumps than you can imagine, here are just 2 pics for you, first one was a 10 box pick up, all repacks. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5955.JPG
    DSCN5955.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN5441.JPG
    DSCN5441.JPG
    891.9 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good idea Maverick

Thanks for getting it vetarun!:laughing7: Did I miss word something? I went back and read my post, I see that I made it pretty clear on the points I thought that were important.

1 Don't do this without talking to your bank.
2 Don't do this if your bank doesn't unroll your halves.
3 Don't do this and tape the sides back up.
Did I miss something?
HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll get yourself cut if you try to pull that in my area. Good for you on trying to help out the tellers that have to bag up the coins. :thumbsup:

Not if you talk to and are friendly with your dump banks, communication is the key. How do you know you'll get cut off, have you asked them about this, do you know what they do with your dump coins? You said in your other post that you use coin machines and were getting cut off and are going to start to have to reroll your dumps now, I actually thought this might help you out Notorious. Maybe ask them what they want before dismissing my idea, if they do send out all your dumps, then this is easier on you and them. Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
My point was not that the tellers are going to be mad, its that the people who are going to receive (AKA other coin roll hunters!) this dump are going to be mad. Most banks I deal with, don't empty dumps into a bag, so this applied as a tactic for most people will only result in confusion, frenzy, frustration amid coin roll hunters.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav, great idea and this is why it's important to cherish your dump banks. Help them out, they are the reason why we are able to enjoy this hobby! But as you said, talk to them first. No Maverick rerolls going to get repacked. It would be great if everyone had this consideration. I picked up two rewrapped dumps today. They even decided to scribble " No AG Sucka!" On the inside of the boxes. HH, BRChiver!

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Maverick.. uh, is this technique just for banks that unroll your dumps...? As in, no chance for someone to pick up the rolls of halves like this?
Because, like, you didn't make it like really super obvious or anything.
Reading is hard.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Maverick.. uh, is this technique just for banks that unroll your dumps...? As in, no chance for someone to pick up the rolls of halves like this?
Because, like, you didn't make it like really super obvious or anything.
Reading is hard.

Thank you! Man, so I'm not crazy, ok. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav, great idea and this is why it's important to cherish your dump banks. Help them out, they are the reason why we are able to enjoy this hobby! But as you said, talk to them first. No Maverick rerolls going to get repacked. It would be great if everyone had this consideration. I picked up two rewrapped dumps today. They even decided to scribble " No AG Sucka!" On the inside of the boxes. HH, BRChiver!

I thought is was a great idea too, as did the tellers I deal with, I do cherish my dump banks ( you know that), you've seen my treats I bring them too I'm sure, I just finished making 2 pans of brownies and and 2 pans of Chocolate covered Strawberries for the dump banks I'm visiting tomorrow, they each take 4 boxes of halves a week from me ( which helps me out big time on the dumping) and I bring them treats every other visit, win win! HH, Maverick.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav, This is exactly what I do for one of my Bank chains. Easier on everyone involved (me and the tellers). Say I was to "buy them all" and opened up that box I would honestly be happy to know that it wasnt worth wasting the time to check them and instead just bring them to the next dump bank. The rewrapped dumps drive me nuts. Waste of time!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav, This is exactly what I do for one of my Bank chains. Easier on everyone involved (me and the tellers). Say I was to "buy them all" and opened up that box I would honestly be happy to know that it wasnt worth wasting the time to check them and instead just bring them to the next dump bank. The rewrapped dumps drive me nuts. Waste of time!

Some banks "hate" when you bring them to them, and they are short quite frequently so if some idiot dumps $2000 of these boxes off at a potential CWR bank, I get them, need to worry about them potentially being short, and potentially ruin my reputation with another bank whenever I dump them off in the same wrapper. Worse, some banks send them to Loomis, Garda, Brinks, and since they are in the original wrapper they frequently negate to separate them. A way to hurt the hobby not help it. This helps tellers not CRH'ers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread