Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennies 25
nickels 100
dimes 250
quarters 500
halves 500
dollars 1000

the best for silver is the halves. but if you ever run across the "large dollars" be sure to get them.
the reason people dont really search quarters is they don't really produce many keepers. dimes on the other hand i do rather good getting a silver at about every $50.

OP
OP
D

damz68

Wow that was a quick response. Thank you.

I am obviously having a brain fart cause I am thinking, $500.00 for a box of halves, when I can get my money back when I am finished. Duh!

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damz68 said:
Wow that was a quick response. Thank you.

I am obviously having a brain fart cause I am thinking, $500.00 for a box of halves, when I can get my money back when I am finished. Duh!
no problem
and yes thats one of the things i also like about roll hunting, it may sound like alot but your really not spending the money your just getting it in another form

OP
OP
D

damz68

Yeah, I think I am going to get a box of pennies, nickles and dimes to start. I kinda feel like I am cheating being that I have two detectors sitting in my closet. They never sit there too long, just the rainy days. Have you had much luck since you started?

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends in what....

pennies i have luck, so far this year i got some wheat's including a 1910. i have also found a 1983DD. in total witch is about a half a year i have found over 50 wheat's, and many error coins

nickels i haven't really tyred that much, but i have gotten many pre1960. and some errors

dimes i have gotten about 15 silvers 2 of them are merks.

quarters i did great the first $40 i ever got produced 1 silver and a 2004D extra leaf quarter, then after that i went back and got around $300 and got skunked.

i have not tyred halves yet but many people are doing good with them here

i have only gotten 4 Ike dollars, then a few or so later i sold them for $1.30 each.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread