What a crap day

Mkelly315

May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this morning I go and bring last nights skunk box of dimes to my local TD Bank Penny Arcade. Well the machine malfunctioned half way through and the teller had to practically take it apart. Once he got it fixed my total came to $222.46 instead of $250. I told the teller that just fixed the machine and he told me that the machine is never wrong and they test it 3 times a day. I told him I knew I had EXACTLY $250 in there because I just opened up a new dime roll box and didn't take a single coin out. He told me that sometimes the coin boxes are short. I told him not by 6 rolls. I was missing about $27 and I think I would have noticed. Then I saw the problem; I see a layer of all dimes inside the penny bag on top of a half full bag of pennies. I said there's my dimes! He told me it might not be mine and he will have to see if Garda's count is off and It will take about 10 days to get the answer.

I hope I get my $27 dollars back but i'm not holding my breath.

Onto the next box. The box that ripped open on the way to my car and dime rolls fell all over the parking lot and broke out of the rolls. Then the box was a skunk. I returned the box to the Penny Arcade and it was off by $5.00 so I must have lost a roll in the parking lot.

The third box made up for it with 3 Roosies and a 1950 Canadian dime. But still I'm out $27 + $5 so....

Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Mkelly.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya a box is gonna be short that much- upto $5 is what I've experienced but never that much- some tellers-smh-

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin machine I use prints out a ticket with the total amount of coin I dump. It also shows denominations and how many coins I have of each type. If yours is similar I would imagine it shows 250 cents on your ticket where those 250 cents were really dimes in the wrong bag. I would ask to see a copy of that slip ASAP and speak to the vault teller/branch manager.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
But the machine is never wrong!! Those must be collectible chrome pennies in the bag.

I love that he says he'll need to wait and see if the count is off. I'm pretty sure it has to be off if dimes are in a penny bag. If not, it's highly likely they lied to you. Shoulda snapped a pic with your phone.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lost over $100 to TD and never had any of it returned to me..

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Armored services just weigh the coin bags anyway, there is no count involved...this teller just wanted to move on with the day and not deal with the issue. At my financial we would rerun all coin to solve discrepancies if there is obvious proof that machine had a serious miscount.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya, i've been shorted $206.70 before and was only refunded $52.10.

in this game ya gotta take the hits like a man and move in, the banks will have no mercy for us crh'ers.
I have lost over $100 to TD and never had any of it returned to me..

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your head up. It goes both ways. I've been shorted at dump banks, but I think it evens out with the times I get over. Last week I went to a coin counter that had 7 ikes spinning around in it, so I got an extra $7. I've also been to dump banks where the dumb tellers leave the half bag blocking the reject tray. As soon as they change the bag I get the rejects from the last 100 or so customers. The more you hunt, the more you dump, and the more likely the good and the bad are going to cancel each other out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread