Searched $25 worth of Pennies

metaldetectingwiz83

May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my local bank and got $25 worth of pennies. The teller was so nice and he was interested in what I was doing. Told him my husband and I are coin collectors, plus I also had to ask him if there was any fee's to get a box of coins. He was nice to tell me no, which made my day! Found these within the first hour (7 wheats and 3 steel wheats) on our first roll ever with my husband. Now we are in the process of disecting all of them at this time and will be bringing updates when we are done :) 003.JPG

Plus we had a roll that was all oily and nasty, so we had to wash the coins to look at them. Has anyone ever come across anything like that before?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3steelies!?!, I'm jealous, those are gorgeous.....I'd say you two had a great 25$ time.... If I found one of those I'd juummmp for joy, 3?....I'd probably need a defibrillator. Hope the next rolls you search are even better. GL&HH

-beav3r

OP
OP
M

metaldetectingwiz83

May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3steelies!?!, I'm jealous, those are gorgeous.....I'd say you two had a great 25$ time.... If I found one of those I'd juummmp for joy, 3?....I'd probably need a defibrillator. Hope the next rolls you search are even better. GL&HH

-beav3r

Yes! I couldn't believe it myself and it was the first roll I pulled out of the bag lol! We were stoked when we saw them :) I hope so too.... we got a couple of coppers and zincs and a few canadian coins as well.

OP
OP
M

metaldetectingwiz83

May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what we scored! Wheat and Steel Wheat. I found in my stash a 1919 s Wheat for $.70 and I am going back to the bank to get some more $25 rolls tomorrow. So I can't wait to see what results we get with the next batch! 009.JPG 004.JPG 011.JPG

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just pure unadulterated awesome right there.... What state do u live in? I wish my penny rolls were 1/10000th that good!

-beav3r

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not frequent a bank more than once a week if you want to keep a friendly relationship with the tellers. I've learned from personal experience that most banks are more than happy to sell you coins the first few times until upper management catches on and eventually puts and end to non-business customers getting coins. If you own a business or have a business account, you should be fine.
Just a tip, I've been enjoying this wonderful hobby for over 8 years now :)

Congratulations on your haul, I've never found a steel wheat penny from a coin roll, good luck and thanks for sharing.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would take BB's advice.

Also my personal experience, saying you are a coin collector is a big no no... because then eventually they come back with, we arent allowed to order for collectors. And what can you say back? nada.

I guess it really does depend on the person(teller). but I have had had that happen twice so far... I just keep my mouth shut about what I do with the coins, or only say something like filling coin books with my nephews/kids etc.

I found a steel wheatie yesterday, in a reject tray(which is odd cause I know those machines have magnets.). A lot more beat up than yours!

HH

OP
OP
M

metaldetectingwiz83

May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take your guys advice and not go to the bank. I want to let you guys know is that all coin rolls were handrolled from the bank and that I think it has something to do with all the wheaties. Thank you for the all the responses and I will post more hopefully next week on another $25 roll of pennies.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also stop into a different branch to keep the volume and excitement up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions