Heavy lifting

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you high rollers- how do you carry more than 2 boxes of halves out of the bank? I have accumulated almost enough CRH funds where ill be able to up my order to 3 boxes at each of my pick up banks but honestly 3 boxes will be tough-I think I could handle them if my back wasn't a problem- so do you make multiple trips or use a carrying device- maybe a backpack to load one in and carry the two others?

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't lift more than three at a time. If I order more than three, I make separate trips to the car.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they are cubes i carry 3 or take the cart from the merchant teller if its more than 3.
If they are flats (garda usually) 4 is no problem but after that I take the cart.
for dumping with coin locks I carry in 6 at a time or go get the cart if I am dumping more than 3k at that location.

HH,
Bigheed

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
I carry up to 4 boxes at a time in and out of banks. There is one location inside a grocery store that I can use a shopping cart, which is nice.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put some time in at the gym. I've carried six out at one time before.

It's not a matter of can't...it's a matter of won't. Both of us can probably carry ten at a time, but why would we do that?

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put some time in at the gym. I've carried six out at one time before.

Its not about lifting weights or putting time in the gym- It's my back(like original post stated)- I blew it out(3 discs) several years ago and just re-tweaked it two weeks ago- I'm sure if it weren't for that I could carry 4-5 no problem

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Just ask the teller to help you carry the boxes to your car!
killingme.gif

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry upto 3 at a time, otherwise I cant get my keys and unlock the car easily, so ill do multiple trips if needed.

Never used a dolly either.

I also have a grocery store pickup spot, and the carts are real nice to use!! lol

I would love to see someone carrying 6 at a time, and opening the doors by themselves... lol

vpnavy might be onto something... never tried that one :P haha

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry upto 3 at a time, otherwise I cant get my keys and unlock the car easily, so ill do multiple trips if needed.

Never used a dolly either.

I also have a grocery store pickup spot, and the carts are real nice to use!! lol

I would love to see someone carrying 6 at a time, and opening the doors by themselves... lol

vpnavy might be onto something... never tried that one :P haha

I like everything contained in this post. I never had a dolly offered to me. I LOVE using the grocery cart at those in-store pickups! I did have a teller and vault manager help me take the coin to my car with my coin counter bag pickup on Monday. They are a very nice crew at that bank.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I actually feel a little bad at my main branch because all the tellers are little petite girls that can barely carry one box- no way they are lugging that thing out to my car- the other 2 banks have guys and maybe I could get some help from them-
Ultimately I'm gonna try a backpack for one and then carry the other 2- kinda even it out weight wise front and back-

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I once had a hot teller offer to help. I accepted. I think it helped break up her boring bank routine a little.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just do 2 at a time and use a lot of branches. I don't like to take 2 to the car come back in and get more and I don't like to make the gals at the bank work to hard. I try to keep the mood light and friendly and make a point of letting them know how much help they are to my hobby. LP

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only order as many as I can carry, this assures that you are not over burdening the bank and you're not a pest coming in and out of the bank 4-5 times for one coin order.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most grocery store I go to have a very small vault .
which they tell me they can only fit 1 box.
do they tell this to anyone else?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Its not about lifting weights or putting time in the gym- It's my back(like original post stated)- I blew it out(3 discs) several years ago and just re-tweaked it two weeks ago- I'm sure if it weren't for that I could carry 4-5 no problem

Go visit a chiropractor. It should really help.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 is my max. I use a little cart most of the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread